Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Say the following scenario plays out over the next few months: IU football makes a bowl game (already happened) while basketball misses the NCAA tournament for the fourth season in a row. Does the heat on Glass grow? Does football winning possibly 7-8 games keep the fanbase and boosters happy?

We're a football school!

Say the following scenario plays out over the next few months: IU football makes a bowl game (already happened) while basketball misses the NCAA tournament for the fourth season in a row. Does the heat on Glass grow? Does football winning possibly 7-8 games keep the fanbase and boosters happy?
No. Basketball is king at iu in the end. If basketball fails heat will be on. But that hasn't happened yet and I think archie is a good coach. Cant argue the results have been terrible and embarrassing and I am confused by it. Guess I don't know crap about a good and bad coach lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I find it hard to believe we're blaming Glass for hiring a guy that almost all national bball guys said was a great hire. Now, if Archie fails after 4-5 yrs, that's on Archie. The same people b°°°°ing about Allen,  are now saying we're a football school! SMH

4 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Timeout Gradman.

7-8 wins is a double check plus, and that cancels out the minus that would be missing the NCAA tournament. 

image.thumb.jpeg.de39399ba2401f10d1531b368daa28dd.jpeg

36 minutes ago, jk34 said:

I find it hard to believe we're blaming Glass for hiring a guy that almost all national bball guys said was a great hire. Now, if Archie fails after 4-5 yrs, that's on Archie. The same people b°°°°ing about Allen,  are now saying we're a football school! SMH

Are you making a reference to me?  I've never complained Allen. 

No. Basketball is king at iu in the end. If basketball fails heat will be on. But that hasn't happened yet and I think archie is a good coach. Cant argue the results have been terrible and embarrassing and I am confused by it. Guess I don't know crap about a good and bad coach lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Basketball hasn’t failed YET. But it is failing at the moment. This team is predicted to miss the NCAA tourney for a reason. If they do miss it, next season will be a make it or break it season for Archie. Can’t miss the NCAA tourney your first 4 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Basketball hasn’t failed YET. But it is failing at the moment. This team is predicted to miss the NCAA tourney for a reason. If they do miss it, next season will be a make it or break it season for Archie. Can’t miss the NCAA tourney your first 4 seasons.

So, give it a rest until then?

So then you should give the cheerleading a test until it’s a success right?

Stop supporting our teams? Joe, I used to give you some slack because you’d occasionally have an insightful post, but now you’re negative and confrontational just for show. I don’t ignore many users at all but you offer nothing.

So then you should give the cheerleading a test until it’s a success right?

Nope because until they fail there’s still hope (within reason).

At least, that’s how people who aren’t miserable like you, gradman, and Fk can approach things in life.

Don’t try to bring everyone to your pity party. The season hasn’t even started - we’re ready to have some fun watching IUBB!

Stop supporting our teams? Joe, I used to give you some slack because you’d occasionally have an insightful post, but now you’re negative and confrontational just for show. I don’t ignore many users at all but you offer nothing.

We all want the team to succeed, doesn’t mean we all believe it is going to. We will cheer every game, doesn’t mean we think it’s a successful season. I would have stopped being a fan a long time ago if I didn’t think Indiana could never make it back. I just don’t think Archie is that guy. I don’t think he’s a good enough coach to get Indiana where it needs to be.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We all want the team to succeed, doesn’t mean we all believe it is going to. We will cheer every game, doesn’t mean we think it’s a successful season. I would have stopped being a fan a long time ago if I didn’t think Indiana could never make it back. I just don’t think Archie is that guy. I don’t think he’s a good enough coach to get Indiana where it needs to be.

You don't think Allen is either 

You don't think Allen is either 

In the long run no. But that’s a whole different situation. If he can consistently get to bowl games and only miss every few years, that’s successful for football. If we pass Michigan State as the 4th best in the East, that’s ultra successful. But in basketball, Archie doesn’t only have to make this team win, he has to make them annual Big Ten title contenders and a national powerhouse who is considered to be a national title contender basically every season. Where we are talked about in the same sentence as UNC, Duke, UK and KU every single year. Allen has a way better chance at getting to a bowl game 3 out of 5 years than Archie does in becoming a national powerhouse. Now of Archie’s only goal is to be a yearly NCAA tourney team, then our standards have obviously dropped and he can pull that off and we can just settle for getting in.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

In the long run no. But that’s a whole different situation. If he can consistently get to bowl games and only miss every few years, that’s successful for football. If we pass Michigan State as the 4th best in the East, that’s ultra successful. But in basketball, Archie doesn’t only have to make this team win, he has to make them annual Big Ten title contenders and a national powerhouse who is considered to be a national title contender basically every season. Where we are talked about in the same sentence as UNC, Duke, UK and KU every single year. Allen has a way better chance at getting to a bowl game 3 out of 5 years than Archie does in becoming a national powerhouse. Now of Archie’s only goal is to be a yearly NCAA tourney team, then our standards have obviously dropped and he can pull that off and we can just settle for getting in.

Good defense and guard play can make you perineal contenders. He knows a little about both. Basing your judgements on Archie after two years is not a fair analysis. Nobody knows if he is the "right" guy, but if you're ready to kick him to the curb already, we will never be able to get the "right" guy.  

11 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Missing the tournament 3 seasons in a row is pretty bad.

I'm giving a pass on year one.

Year two we had a play in game against OSU and lost (at home if i'm not mistaken)

if we miss in year 3, then what is the barometer for year 4? making the tournament?

Lets pretend in a hypothetical world where we miss the tournament for the 3rd year in a row under Archie, and lets pretend buyouts are not an issue, What would you all do?

Missing the tournament 3 seasons in a row is pretty bad.
I'm giving a pass on year one.
 Year two we had a play in game against OSU and lost (at home if i'm not mistaken)
 if we miss in year 3, then what is the barometer for year 4? making the tournament?
Lets pretend in a hypothetical world where we miss the tournament for the 3rd year in a row under Archie, and lets pretend buyouts are not an issue, What would you all do?

I would try and center myself instead of looking for the worst possible outcome in every scenario. Being introspective, I would say that’s more of a me problem if I started feeling that way.