Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

18 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

You know what creates a great game day atmosphere and happy fans? A team that freaking WINS. IU keeps putting the cart before the horse.

When a significant amount of the fans are for the road team a home team win becomes less important for people having a good time

Am I the only one that thinks it'd be pretty funny if someone called that number and reported Glass as the knucklehead?

That is pretty funny and a pretty slick way for fans to give feedback. I don’t think his team receiving those would know how to approach him about it.

Glass “have we gotten any calls or texts since we put up the signs”

Team “well, as a matter of fact we have, 10,000 texts, but they are all accusing you of being the knucklehead”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

58 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

That is pretty funny and a pretty slick way for fans to give feedback. I don’t think his team receiving those would know how to approach him about it.

Glass “have we gotten any calls or texts since we put up the signs”

Team “well, as a matter of fact we have, 10,000 texts, but they are all accusing you of being the knucklehead”

Glass:  "Any not calling me the knucklehead?"

Team:  "Well, sort of.  There are several accusing President McRobbie and you of being the knuckleheads."

1 minute ago, Iugradman said:

Giving Allen an extension after another losing season would be doubling down on a bad investment and proof Fred’s ego and pride dictates his decision making.

Giving a guy with a losing record an extension sounds dumb, but IUFB is kind of a running joke at this point; long history of ineptitude.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

Giving Allen an extension after another losing season would be doubling down on a bad investment and proof Fred’s ego and pride dictates his decision making.

yeah i don't think that is what he is saying. But whatever. 

More like he believes Allen will win this year and he will be forced to give him an extension. It is okay to have faith in the guy you hired and publicly back him. I know that doesn't fit your narrative though so disregard it. 

Sometimes it's better to dance with the devil you know. 

It is always possible the next prez is even less into athletics than what we have today.  The BOT is apparently happy with McRobbie and collectively may go the same route with his replacement.   And, it is also possible that a 180 degree change in leadership is brought in and makes it clear that athletics are important and Glass responds accordingly.   He's playing the game by McRobbie's rules so to speak and it might be interesting to see how he would respond if the rules were changed.  

I'm not sure what's worse, that sign or the whining about it. Like who cares? 

Your posting in the “fire fred glass” thread... what types of things did you expect to read on here?

Stop whining about whiners in a thread designed to whine

29 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I'm not sure what's worse, that sign or the whining about it. Like who cares? 

I couldn't hear anybody over the sound of me opening up all these beer cans.*

* - I realize this is a visual medium but it doesn't work as well that way.