Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Has anyone had a chance to look at and Vote for Brian Davidson for BOT? He's running on a platform of keeping athletic dollars in the athletic department. For those that want change I believe he is the catalyst.

Regardless of if you like to AD or not, Brian would be a great addition to the BOT. I couldn't find if this was posted on BTB or not, but figured this would be a good place for it!

https://dataforms.iuf.iu.edu/trustee-election/vote

31 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Has anyone had a chance to look at and Vote for Brian Davidson for BOT? He's running on a platform of keeping athletic dollars in the athletic department. For those that want change I believe he is the catalyst.

Regardless of if you like to AD or not, Brian would be a great addition to the BOT. I couldn't find if this was posted on BTB or not, but figured this would be a good place for it!

https://dataforms.iuf.iu.edu/trustee-election/vote

Money I don’t think our issue it’s support from people beyond the board 

9 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

And then there is this gem of a quote:

8FFD195C-130A-4FA7-B6C7-45A60A04C86C.jpeg

Is anyone going to ask him why basketball is undergoing a “very serious rebuild” a fricking DECADE into his time as AD? Does he think making a statement like this absolves him of responsibility for the poor state of the program?

Next time he says this I wish someone would follow up by asking why he let it get to that point.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

He’s delusional. Absolutely delusional. Trapped inside a bubble. IU has the second worst football facilities in the conference. Basketball is middle of the pack.

Really? Ever been to Rutgers, Minny, Maryland, NW? We are nicer than all of those.

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

He’s delusional. Absolutely delusional. Trapped inside a bubble. IU has the second worst football facilities in the conference. Basketball is middle of the pack.

He has improved facilities from what they were when he started... The problem with that is that we were so far beyond the other schools that our improvements just barely catch up to the other schools instead of surpassing them. Also, there's the problem of the most important programs, football and basketball, being at the end of the line for improvements. Those two should get fixed first, and the rest should follow. 

Really? Ever been to Rutgers, Minny, Maryland, NW? We are nicer than all of those.

Meh he said something halfway nice in another thread about Glass. I even said to a buddy of mine that frequents this board I bet he will find a random way to post in this thread soon. He didn’t disappoint me. These posts cancel that one out and we are back at ground zero. Personally I think we should be further along than we are. But firing a coach is essentially saying you are rebuilding. How fast you do is up for debate for sure, but I don’t know why we get so hung up on the semantics now. He essentially admitted we were rebuilding a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Next time he says this I wish someone would follow up by asking why he let it get to that point.

YEP! Any rebuild that far into a coach and ADs tenure needs to be explained/there needs to be accountability and Glass takes no responsibility for where the basketball program is at.

It’s absolutely on him and nobody holds him to the fire for that in the media

Maryland has a beautiful, modern arena and Minnesota opened gleaming new football and basketball practice facilities in the last couple of years. Northwestern may have the nicest football facilities in the country and completely rebuilt Welsh-Ryan Arena, spending far more than IU did to renovate Assembly Hall.

Northwestern spent $110 million to renovate a high school gym... they may have spent money, but I wouldn’t call it cost effective.

Northwestern spent $110 million to renovate a high school gym... they may have spent money, but I wouldn’t call it cost effective.

I didn’t comment on this but curious what you would call it? I live in Chicago and see just as many IU games at welsh Ryan as I do at assembly hall and in terms of “nice” welsh Ryan is much nicer. It may not have the history and noise factor etc but it is very nice. The fans there don’t deserve it

Maryland has a beautiful, modern arena? I live 10 miles from the University of Maryland  campus and attend the IU-Maryland games every year. The arena may be new but it is hardly beautiful. In fact, it is ugly imo and quite difficult to maneuver.  Parking is a nightmare. Seating is not good unless you happen to have tickets at court level. There may be no perfect college basketball arena and IU's might not be among the best, but let us not lavish praise where praise is not warranted.

Maryland has a beautiful, modern arena? I live 10 miles from the University of Maryland  campus and attend the IU-Maryland games every year. The arena may be new but it is hardly beautiful. In fact, it is ugly imo and quite difficult to maneuver.  Parking is a nightmare. Seating is not good unless you happen to have tickets at court level. There may be no perfect college basketball arena and IU's might not be among the best, but let us not lavish praise where praise is not warranted.

Yeah I have been to every arena in the B1G except Nebraska and Rutgers. I would for sure put MSU above us. I am not sure beyond that I would put any above us for environment after them except Nebraska. Their arena looks awesome! For game day viewing? MSU is good. PSU is good because nobody is there. UM is pretty much the same. Mackey has a decent environment and has got better the last couple of years. I am just not a fan of Carver or the Barn. OSU is ok but the sight lines aren’t that great unless you are low. A lot of space beyond the baselines and no crowd environment. Ours is old but I would put the environment and any seat up to rows 35 and lower against any arena in the B1G sans MSU. Their arena and environment is fantastic.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Glass hasn’t done much to impress me. Our facilities are better but he could have done more. We still don’t win in football. Basketball has been really up and down. The guy belongs in a courtroom and not in a Athletic Department.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

FYI he can’t just say build this. Build that on a facilities basis. They are lucky the school even signed off on some of his ideas. The only reason improvements to the basketball locker rooms happened are basically because victor and zeller said here’s some money. Mcrobbie doesn’t want to invest in athletes or athletic teams, he sees no value. I’m surprised he was at the golf course ceremony. I can only imagine what the international studies building reveal ceremony will look like. Rabjohns has been quoted many times that we can question some of his decisions and hirings, but when it comes to facilities it’s an uphill battle for Fred glass and any coach involved.  The reason these things have happened are because of his networking and ability to get donations, if he doesn’t get pro basketball players to donate we still don’t have an updated locker room. If terry talon doesn’t donate +getting friends to donate....football team is still stuck with their crap locker room and no players lounge. Tom Allen even had to go in and basically show how far behind they are in football locker room facilities.....is Fred my favorite.....no....but at least he’s trying to better our programs and better their facilities.....even tho he knows it’s an uphill battle to begin with....so at least acknowledge the other road blocks in his way.....before saying he could have done so much more.....yeah he could’ve if the board, Mcrobbie and everyone sign off on it. Tom and Fred had to plea and beg for some of the upgrades to the locker room......

That will definitely spike a convo. What’s funny is it is the convo that has been going on the last year or two. I hope some read that and can at least acknowledge the issue isn’t solely in the athletic office like they have been. Firing him changes nothing.

Glass hasn’t done much to impress me. Our facilities are better but he could have done more. We still don’t win in football. Basketball has been really up and down. The guy belongs in a courtroom and not in a Athletic Department.

Per the article, we spent $250 million dollars on facility upgrades under Glass. That’s a lot of cash. We have a lot of ground to make up. I think he’s done an incredible job with the facility upgrades given where we started.

I’m happy with facility upgrades and the act of showing the intention of wanting to have winning programs.

I’m realistic about football. Might never really happen. But .500 program making a bowl half the time will keep me watching.

Basketball, I truly feel is a sleeping giant. Bold claims were made. Now we need to start living up to them. ( the droves of cheating programs doesn’t make our aspirations easier though, that’s for certain).

But the point is to WIN and IU has not done that in the two sports that matter under Glass. IU last beat Purdue in football and basketball in 2016. Zero winning seasons in football under Glass. Missed 7 of the last 11 NCAA tournaments under Glass.
I really don’t understand how this guy gets such a pass and has so many defenders. McRobbie didn’t make Glass extend Wilson, fire him a few months later, and hire an unproven assistant without conducting a basic search. 
Glass is a lawyer with no understanding of how to evaluate coaches. He didn’t play sports and had zero experience in collegiate athletics when he took the job.

It is pretty hard to imagine how he got the job to begin with. Maybe we will hire a lawyer as our new assistant coach