Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

What? 2009-2010, Butler goes 33-5 lead by Gordon Hayward and loses to Duke in the national title game. 2010-2011, Butler goes 28-10 and loses to UConn and Kemba Walker being lead by Shelvin Mack and Howard. Crazy to think fans wanted Crean gone and Stevens brought in after taking Butler to back to back title games...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So if you hire him in 2009 you are looking into the future for his production as a coach? Not what he did in 2008-2009 for his first two years? Hindsight is great huh? He said write an article in 2009. How could they possibly know what was going to happen in the 2010 tournament Joe? Let alone talk about back to backs. Know what you are responding to Joe.

So if you hire him in 2009 you are looking into the future for his production as a coach? Not what he did in 2008-2009 for his first two years? Hindsight is great huh? He said write an article in 2009. How could they possibly know what was going to happen in the 2010 tournament Joe? Let alone talk about back to backs. Know what you are responding to Joe. 

He likely got his years wrong. Indiana would be in a way better situation had they pulled the trigger for Stevens over a mediocre coach in Crean. Now they could pull the trigger on Beard over a mediocre coach in Archie but that won’t happen either.

He likely got his years wrong. Indiana would be in a way better situation had they pulled the trigger for Stevens over a mediocre coach in Crean. Now they could pull the trigger on Beard over a mediocre coach in Archie but that won’t happen either.

Huh? I responded to what he said. How does that turn into a compete convo shift Joe? How would he get his dates wrong when you were responding to me? You didn’t respond to him and tell him that? Could it be you didn’t read what was posted and were wrong? Just curious as I am very confused why you responded to me with what you did.

Huh? I responded to what he said. How does that turn into a compete convo shift Joe? How would he get his dates wrong when you were responding to me? You didn’t respond to him and tell him that? Could it be you didn’t read what was posted and were wrong? Just curious as I am very confused why you responded to me with what you did.

I responded to you because I felt he got his years wrong and that I could clear it up. Everyone gave Crean the first 2 years. But he should have been fired after year 3 and we should have moved on. The writing was on the wall at that point. It was after 13-14 and finally Glass got it through his thick skull after year 9. And Indiana is going to continue being where they are because they will hold on to Archie for far too long if he stays mediocre. We can preach that he can “learn” as he goes but if I had a nickel for every time that was said under Crean, I could probably buy Indiana University.

I responded to you because I felt he got his years wrong and that I could clear it up. Everyone gave Crean the first 2 years. But he should have been fired after year 3 and we should have moved on. The writing was on the wall at that point. It was after 13-14 and finally Glass got it through his thick skull after year 9. And Indiana is going to continue being where they are because they will hold on to Archie for far too long if he stays mediocre. We can preach that he can “learn” as he goes but if I had a nickel for every time that was said under Crean, I could probably buy Indiana University.

I ️ you Joe

Rabjohns is the only IU writer who has raised concerns about how the program is overseen. Instead of doing better, IU suppresses dissent. Shameful.

IU has always been that way with media. Imo that is really sad. I just don’t blame the people writing about it. I think a lot of them have been critical, just moreso in places that are aloud or where IU won’t see it.

There was someone at the IBj who suggested we take a look at Stevens before we hired Crean. When I typed 2009 it was a typo and I meant to say after the 2010/11 season. I think Zeller would likely have still committed. Either way, you can’t base a decision on who coaches your program based on one commit, which I believe Glass did for Zeller and then again for Thomas Bryant. I don’t think players change programs, I think coaches do

Starting to think even Stevens would have sucked at iu right now. Archie didn't just magically forget how to coach a team. It takes time and culture. We have problems let archie have a chance to fix them. Fred goes as archie goes. Fred could easily look like a genius in a few years if football does ok and archie starts winning big.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean should never have gotten a 4th year. Zeller saved him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Starting to think even Stevens would have sucked at iu right now. Archie didn't just magically forget how to coach a team. It takes time and culture. We have problems let archie have a chance to fix them. Fred goes as archie goes. Fred could easily look like a genius in a few years if football does ok and archie starts winning big.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Why shouldn't Glass be held accountable for what he's already done?  He hired a football coach without even pretending to do an actual search for the best candidate.  My opinion on Crean staying 9 years is known.  Plus the APR issues happening right under his nose.

Why wait to hold him accountable?  Why keep giving free passes?  He needs to go, now.

There was someone at the IBj who suggested we take a look at Stevens before we hired Crean. When I typed 2009 it was a typo and I meant to say after the 2010/11 season. I think Zeller would likely have still committed. Either way, you can’t base a decision on who coaches your program based on one commit, which I believe Glass did for Zeller and then again for Thomas Bryant. I don’t think players change programs, I think coaches do

He for sure did for bryant imo and crean got two more years. That was a really poor decision.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Someone on another site made a stunning revelation: this is the first decade since the 1960s that IU did not go to a Final Four.
Then I realized something even worse- this is the first decade in IU football history that did not have a single winning season.
How can anyone defend these results?

That’s saddening and interesting at the same time. Especially the football one. But they still have this next season technically right?

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Why shouldn't Glass be held accountable for what he's already done?  He hired a football coach without even pretending to do an actual search for the best candidate.  My opinion on Crean staying 9 years is known.  Plus the APR issues happening right under his nose.

Why wait to hold him accountable?  Why keep giving free passes?  He needs to go, now.

Any school serious about athletics  would fire him. IU isnt serious and it shows in results,

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

There’s no accountability except to public anger. 

Any school serious about athletics  would fire him. IU isnt serious and it shows in results,

YeA bUt ThEy SpEnT mOnEy On A nEw LoCkEr RoOm.

Literally everyone’s answer on Twitter when you tell them that IU doesn’t care about athletics anymore. It’s all about academics and virtue signaling.

Triggered, no. Find it stupid, absolutely. And look where it has gotten IU. Nowhere. It’s actually went backwards.

Do something about it or go whine like a little ***** somewhere else

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app