Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

16 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I actually like what Pat Shoulders told him. He concluded with 'we all understand that patience is going to have its limits at some point'. To me this means Glass has time (maybe a couple years) for Allen and Archie to turn this around but if they don't your gone and you've attached your wagon to these guys.

Seems fair to me. Of course Glass is going to defend his hires but for the first time trustees were slightly hard on him which is important. Shoulders comments seemed tough but reasonable. Glad to see.

I love what Shoulders said. That is my opinion too. How much longer can we wait? I never experienced the titles that many of you did. My first memory was the 2002 Final Four run. That's it. I blame Fred Glass and the administration more than Crean and Archie. He let this get out of control. He gave Crean an extension based off of ONE GOOD SEASON and a preseason number 1 ranking. They could have controlled the issues we are facing with the APR score. He really should have been fired for hiring a high school coach to take over a Big Ten football program...LOL I will always root for IU. But it is close for me to become just a casual fan. I'll watch the games and that's it. I won't spend money on merchandise or tickets. I won't read the articles and I won't be as invested in sites such as this. If they don't care why should we as fans? I am a huge dummy for investing too much time into Romeo last spring. I won't ever do that again. But back to Glass-I think if football has another disaster season Glass gets the boot. I'm still not ready to give up on Archie like I am with Tom Allen. I really like the talent he is bringing in. Rob and TJD I think are nice building blocks. The fact they aren't playing hard in these games is what is frustrating. You can't let Rutgers go on a 22-0 run. I don't care what injuries you have. 

Glass should have been shown the door with Wilson at the latest.  He let the football program flounder with Lynch before getting Wilson.  Let Crean flounder and waste a decade of IU basketball.  

Its beyond me that he skated with the Wilson debacle.  If he gave Wilson an extension knowing of the issues, that’s on him.  If he turned a blind eye to the issues for the extension and was forced to fire Wilson later, that’s on him too.

I think Glass' one big mistake in the meeting was using 'serious rebuild' instead of just 'rebuild' when it came to describing IU basketball.

It is a rebuild for Archie and Crean left nothing but to be using 'serious' overstates the problem and sounds like excuses. Crean legitimately had a 'serious rebuild' but Archie has just a rebuild. I know its just nuance and probably changes little but adding that extra word makes it looks so much worse and is going to get him mocked. If all he did was use 'rebuild' people would agree to a point.

Everything else he said I don't necessarily agree with but would expect him top say and defend his coaches.   

Glass's wagon should've been tied to Crean.  He gave the undeserved extension then refused to fire him when he should've and instead tried telling us Crean is an "elite coach" (still not sure how he could be serious and say that with a straight face).  Hiring the first person that walked by for football instead of doing his job and conducting a search is just another nail in his coffin.

Glass should've followed Crean out of town.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Full of what is the real question.  Hot air or s***?

Do you mean half full or half empty of said ingredients?

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Glass's wagon should've been tied to Crean.  He gave the undeserved extension then refused to fire him when he should've and instead tried telling us Crean is an "elite coach" (still not sure how he could be serious and say that with a straight face).  Hiring the first person that walked by for football instead of doing his job and conducting a search is just another nail in his coffin.

Glass should've followed Crean out of town.

Elite coaches end up at Georgia all the time. Oh wait my bad was thinking about Football or Baseball

51 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I think Glass' one big mistake in the meeting was using 'serious rebuild' instead of just 'rebuild' when it came to describing IU basketball.

It is a rebuild for Archie and Crean left nothing but to be using 'serious' overstates the problem and sounds like excuses. Crean legitimately had a 'serious rebuild' but Archie has just a rebuild. I know its just nuance and probably changes little but adding that extra word makes it looks so much worse and is going to get him mocked. If all he did was use 'rebuild' people would agree to a point.

Everything else he said I don't necessarily agree with but would expect him top say and defend his coaches.   

From an optics standpoint, it was a very bad miscalculation of words. Allen, irregardless of his character, was an AWFUL hire! We will be bad for a long time bc of that hire. Archie Miller was a good hire in my eyes but he ia really struggling to get the most out of the talent he’s left with. His recruiting has been off the charts so far, so I’m inclined to give him another year or two to see a positive trajectory. Another point that still needs to be re-emphasized, is the injuries and roster challenges this season. If you think this season isn’t completely different with a healthy Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson, Robert Phinisee, Zach McRoberts, Devonte Green, then I think you’ve let your emotions get the best of your judgement. I will concede the fact that Archie should be getting more out of what we have bc other coaches are doing this with less overall talent. 

Sad being an IU fan. Embarrassing really. 

11 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

From an optics standpoint, it was a very bad miscalculation of words. Allen, irregardless of his character, was an AWFUL hire! We will be bad for a long time bc of that hire. Archie Miller was a good hire in my eyes but he ia really struggling to get the most out of the talent he’s left with. His recruiting has been off the charts so far, so I’m inclined to give him another year or two to see a positive trajectory. Another point that still needs to be re-emphasized, is the injuries and roster challenges this season. If you think this season isn’t completely different with a healthy Jerome Hunter, Race Thompson, Robert Phinisee, Zach McRoberts, Devonte Green, then I think you’ve let your emotions get the best of your judgement. I will concede the fact that Archie should be getting more out of what we have bc other coaches are doing this with less overall talent. 

Sad being an IU fan. Embarrassing really. 

Hey, baseball season is right around the corner.

58 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Interesting look at the financials - specifically the growth of the athletic budget under Glass.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd like to see if this increase has been the standard across all universities over the same time period, just as our capital projects have. What Fred Glass has been doing is taking what Rick Greenspan started (with the capital projects) and used it as a diversion from actual sports results so that he can have a good powerpoint when talking to the board of trustees... He's up there selling himself with "look at how great of a financial angel i've been to the sports programs".. I'd bet 10 out of 10 other AD's would have have the same financial success with better sports success. 

I would really like a change. 

Glass has been our athletic director for 10 NCAA tournaments and 10 football seasons.

In those 10 basketball seasons, we've made the tournament just 4 times.

In those 10 football seasons, we've been to only two bowl games.

Just about any Power-5 school would consider that a huge disappointment in either sport, and in some cases, both. Glass has done some good work for non-revenue sports, but that doesn't mean a whole lot when you suck in both major sports like we have.

McRobbie needs to hit the road as well. A fish rots from the head down.