Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Will Trayce Go Pro?

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s the most likely option. Sabonis has been a very good PF this season. Dude can’t shoot outside 15 feet. He’s not a shot blocker. He can score and rebound. He scores heavily with his left.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile 

He's also a great passer, has excellent footwork, and good at pick and roll. Basically, Sabonis is a really good basketball player. All Star!

He's also a great passer, has excellent footwork, and good at pick and roll. Basically, Sabonis is a really good basketball player. All Star!

Sabonis can be a beast. And that’s sort of the ceiling for TJD. But he could also take the Tristan Thompson route as a ceiling and I’d say that’s still pretty darn good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He is not on any mock drafts, at this point, but a few good “high visibility” games (MSU, MD, OSU) and more freshman of the week and/or BT player of the week awards could quickly put him on some draft lists. That being said, I agree with others that he needs more strength and show the ability to shoot from 15 and out (his ft stroke looks good so I would think there is promise). 

If he does leave we will really be challenged underneath next year. I had hoped we would land a PG, big man, shooter(s) and hard nosed kid(s). At this point we it appears we have the latter two coming next year but we still need a big man and PG. No offense to Brunk and Race but that scares me if TJD leaves. At this point, if he does, we would probably look for a grad transfer but skilled big men don’t exactly litter that portal.

Took a quick peak at a couple of mock drafts, even though it is WAY too early, and saw that Kansas has three first rounders (2 soph and a senior) while Duke and UK each only (for them) have one projected first rounder. At this point the entire Big Ten has only one projected first rounder (Oturu from MN).

Took a quick peak at a couple of mock drafts, even though it is WAY too early, and saw that Kansas has three first rounders (2 soph and a senior) while Duke and UK each only (for them) have one projected first rounder. At this point the entire Big Ten has only one projected first rounder (Oturu from MN).

Duke and Kentucky have very different built teams than usual.

22 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Duke and Kentucky have very different built teams than usual.

Yes they do. 

And when I first glanced and saw that Kan$a$$$ had three first rounders I assumed at least two were OAD. Surprised to see that 2 sophs and one a senior.

Got the dope.  My uncle Joe's neighbor has a son named MIke, who has a son also named Mike that is in elementary school.  The young Mike is best friends on the playground with a kid that has a father who sell tickets for the Pacers, and he says that there is a chance that TJD may consider going pro.  So it looks like he must be gone.