Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Would you be satisfied if we won half the remaining games?

If that gets us in the tourney.....yes.

Would feel slightly better if we beat ND, Arkansa and then split remaining BT games. I just don’t see us winning more than two on the road and don’t think we will run the table at home which puts us right around 10-10. 

I don’t believe I’d be satisfied with that, although I also wouldn’t complain much. I think we need to have a winning record over the last 20. I think the noncon schedule is more of a problem than we are willing to admit. I think this because it’s been specifically mentioned multiple times a game by announcers from all over the country. Take both of the ND/ARKY games and go even through B1G makes us a lock. Has to make the NCAA this season for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

I don’t believe I’d be satisfied with that, although I also wouldn’t complain much. I think we need to have a winning record over the last 20. I think the noncon schedule is more of a problem that we are willing to admit. I think this because it’s been specifically mentioned multiple times a game by announcers from all over the country. Take both of the ND/ARKY games and go even through B1G makes us a lock. Has to make the NCAA this season for me.

We will add in the Notre Dame and Arkansas games to our non-conference SOS when it is said and done.  Still won't be good, but won't be as ugly as it currently is.  Pom currently has Arkansas at 33 and Notre Dame at 63.

I have a feeling we're gonna have another FSU night against Notre Dame and then another head scratcher against Arkansas. Just seems like it's gonna be that kinda season. So yeah, I'd say they win about half of their remaining games.

Satisfied with that? Realistically, I think I should be at this point. But overall, definitely not ideal.

I don’t know if I’ll ever be satisfied winning half the games. Is anyone satisfied by losing? I’m not, I want IU to win every game they play. There will be tougher challenges (@O$U, @pu, @Maryland, etc.) than others (NW, Minny, etc.)

If we win the next two noncon games I’ll feel better about our tourney chances putting us at 11-0 in the noncon, 10-1 wouldn’t be terrible and where I think we’ll end up.

The Big Ten is crazy balanced outside of maybe O$U. Any team can beat any other team on any given day. I would like a winning Big Ten record this season.

Noncon (11-0 or 10-1)
Big Ten (11-9 or 10-10)

There is no reason we should do any worse than that. That would be progress but I don’t think I’d be “satisfied” with winning only half the remaining games.

Im worried about ND. If we get by them Im fairly confident we beat Ark. Get to 12-1 and Im confident we make the tourney with 22-23 wins.

Really think the ND game comes down to whether they’re hitting threes. I don’t think they can make enough twos to beat us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Have to get the foul line against ND. Pound the ball inside. Period. And as tough as the road in the Big will be this year, I really hope IU can take care of the home court. So - yeah 10 & 10 in conference sounds about right. Wishing/hoping for more.

Hard to be satisfied with that many loses. But that maybe about right .  I have watched several BIG games seems to me they are not calling many fouls going to be hard for IU to get to the line especially on the road outside shooting has to come around to win on road.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:29 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Im worried about ND. If we get by them Im fairly confident we beat Ark. Get to 12-1 and Im confident we make the tourney with 22-23 wins.

Sagarin has IU favored by 4 on a neutral court against Notre Dame and also a 4 point favorite at Assembly Hall against Arkansas.  It’s not going to be easy a cake walk to win both.  I’d probably put it at 40% to win both games, 45% to split and 15% to lose both.  Not going by what I WANT, just what I think the odds are at.

For all saying, as an Indiana fan you can’t accept that kind of record or that kind of .500 performance, I get it but I disagree.

Granted Indiana is technically a blue blood but that’s not the level the program is at currently. It’s important the team keeps improving and makes noticeable progress year in-year out. 20-11 and a tournament bid would be an improvement. It’s unrealistic to expect a 25+ win season and unrealistic to expect Indiana to finish with the same record as an OSU/Michigan. Sadly that’s just not where the program is at. In my opinion, I believe we should all be satisfied with a 20 win season ASSUMING that gets the Hoosiers into the tourney.