Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

No.. If we play like crap against better teams than Nebraska, teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Maryland, to name just four, we won't be as lucky as we were against Nebraska. It will be more like the result IU had when it played like crap against Wisconsin.

8 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

No.. If we play like crap against better teams than Nebraska, teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Maryland, to name just four, we won't be as lucky as we were against Nebraska. It will be more like the result IU had when it played like crap against Wisconsin.

Exactly.

We haven’t played like crap that often this year.

Exactly.
We haven’t played like crap that often this year.

Eh... depends on your definition of crap. I’d say we have probably 40% of the time. We had multiple 10-20 minute spurts of crap against cream puffs. We played like crap for all of Wisconsin. Played like crap for most of UConn. Played like crap for all of Nebraska. So maybe more than 40%.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Eh... depends on your definition of crap. I’d say we have probably 40% of the time. We had multiple 10-20 minute spurts of crap against cream puffs. We played like crap for all of Wisconsin. Played like crap for most of UConn. Played like crap for all of Nebraska. So maybe more than 40%.

So in two of the three games we 'played like crap', we won.

3 hours ago, BottomLine said:

For the Sky is Falling Club that thinks IU should be embarrassed by our win over Nebraska, and that Nebraska resembles something smelly that my dogs left in the back yard, Nebraska just beat Purdue by 14. 

For those who called it 'the most embarrassing win in program history' to a team 'projected to go 0-20 in the Big Ten', you would think at the minimum they would get a little more perspective on it.

Fact:  'projected' to go 0-20 isn't accurate.  If Pom projected Nebraska to have a minimum of 1% chance to win at, say, Ohio State, and a 45% chance to win if they host Rutgers, they weren't projected an 0-20 record. Being an underdog in 20 games doesn't project to 0-20....if you have an average of 20% chance to win each game, the projection is 4-16.

Nebraska isn't very good.  An accurate analysis of the, though, is saying they are approximately rated 120 to 150ish in the nation (Pom has them at 126 after the Purdue game)    They are Vanderbilt-ish....we lose to Vanderbilt at home, it's a bad loss....nothing less, nothing more.

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did Hoiberg beat Purdue before Archie

I think you are missing the forest for the trees here:  Purdue lost.....to a team that I'm sure a lot of us were getting **** from our Purdue coworkers because 'it took overtime' for us to beat that same team.  

Fellas, the Big Ten is a brutal league.   It has been for as long as I've been alive.  We're not going undefeated in the Big Ten.  Nobody is.  There will be nights we look great and nights we look awful.  When we look awful, it doesn't mean we should fire a coach or athletic director and when we look great it doesn't mean we're contenders.  Upsets happen every week.  At the end of the day, the Big Ten is either the best or second best basketball conference in the country year in and year out.  I think we'll make the NCAA tournament and be a tough out when we get there.

People panicking over close, ugly wins really should put today's game in perspective.  That was Indiana a year or two ago.  The emotional over reactions to every play, every half, and every outcome are exhausting.  Nobody who matters looks at any part of a program through that microscope.

5 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Fellas, the Big Ten is a brutal league.   It has been for as long as I've been alive.  We're not going undefeated in the Big Ten.  Nobody is.  There will be nights we look great and nights we look awful.  When we look awful, it doesn't mean we should fire a coach or athletic director and when we look great it doesn't mean we're contenders.  Upsets happen every week.  At the end of the day, the Big Ten is either the best or second best basketball conference in the country year in and year out.  I think we'll make the NCAA tournament and be a tough out when we get there.

People panicking over close, ugly wins really should put today's game in perspective.  That was Indiana a year or two ago.

There are currently 12 teams that have played two Big Ten games.  All twelve are 1-1.  If Michigan State loses at Northwestern on Wednesday, then all 14 teams would be 1-1.  

Bottom line, do not be upset about any win we have.

10 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

People panicking over close, ugly wins really should put today's game in perspective.  That was Indiana a year or two ago.  The emotional over reactions to every play, every half, and every outcome are exhausting.  Nobody who matters looks at any part of a program through that microscope.

You say people are overreacting simply because you are capable of looking at a team that has played like crap lately and see a tourney team. 

Your ability to imagine something doesn’t mean people are overreacting.   As of now we look to be a bubble team. We as a fan base are hoping to eek out a 10-10 record. And to be blunt usually fan bases hopes tend to be overly optimistic. 

I think people overreacted in regards to the OT win. We played bad and still gutted it out. Nebraska isn’t “bad” they just have zero depth so if one of their guys has a bad night or gets in foul trouble it’s basically game over for them. If neither of those two things happen they are going to take it to you which Purdue found out first hand.

If you think beating Nebraska in OT is embarrassing ask UNC how they feel right now after booting one to Wofford at home. 

Hoosiers couldn’t stop Huskers’ 3 or the dribble drive...... and we won.
Still feels like a loss.
Gonna chalk it up to a Christmas Miracle.
GO HOOSIERS!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You say people are overreacting simply because you are capable of looking at a team that has played like crap lately and see a tourney team.   

Your ability to imagine something doesn’t mean people are overreacting.   As of now we look to be a bubble team. We as a fan base are hoping to eek out a 10-10 record. And to be blunt usually fan bases hopes tend to be overly optimistic. 

I think we look like a bubble team in a normal year for sure. This is not a normal year. Most teams by now you can lock them in fairly certain to a range of what they will be if they make the tournament. This year is just off. There are no two ways around it. I am not quite 40 yet but I can’t recall a year like this in college basketball. I don’t think anybody would be happy with going 10-10. I think they would be happy with making the tournament. Most feel that would get us there and why they did they would be content with it. After last night the winner of the B1G conference is expected to have 14 wins. At 10-10 we wouldn’t be far off and that would most likely be a top 5 or 6 team. There is expected parity in conference and around college basketball this year. Just a weird year.

I legit think in a normal year this team would be in the 7-10 range. I think this year that type of team ends in 5-7 range. Call it a weaker year or whatever, but teams everywhere are getting losses in a normal year that would be crushing for seeding. Just an odd year. Maybe conference is the exact opposite?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Can we even name one team in America that hasn’t looked overrated compared to what we personally expected?

1. Nebraska
  2. Rutgers
  3. Dayton
  4. Baylor
  5. Butler
  6. Liberty
  7. Penn State
  8. Indiana
  9. Auburn

Immediately come to mind