Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

Just now, mbredenk101 said:

Yeah you're right. I forgot about the close games early in the season last year and remembered them when I went back and looked. I guess I'm tired of being frustrated about the little things and if the team is able to gut out a win, regardless of the opponent and/or how ugly it is, I've decided to be happy with it and hope for growth.

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope for growth. I just don’t expect it 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I’d put him on the same level as Vonleh. Vonleh though was a HS senior his freshman year and was still a man in the Big Ten. I think a better coach or at least a team with some shooters and he would have been way better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure TJD is surrounded by any better shooters.  I do think TJD presents himself better to guards than Vonleh did which is why he is scoring more.  A lot got blamed on our guards not getting the ball to Vonleh -- and they didn't -- but I think he didn't help out that much in flashing, either.

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Dude whats your point? When was the last time MSU missed the tournament?

It was a reference to the poster talking about Nebraska being a team of scrubs and the worst power 5 team in any conference and blah blah blah. The point is that 10 years ago we went 6-25 and even THAT team played some competitive games against solid competition. We’re 10-1 and people are b****ing because the wins aren’t pretty enough.

Just now, Bigred3588 said:

It was a reference to the poster talking about Nebraska being a team of scrubs and the worst power 5 team in any conference and blah blah blah. The point is that 10 years ago we went 6-25 and even THAT team played some competitive games against solid competition. We’re 10-1 and people are b****ing because the wins aren’t pretty enough.

This is not one game. MSU didn’t play like crap 3 games in a row

8 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Anyone think Leal helps our shooting woes next year? I dont feel any of the current 2020 recruits are immediate impact guys.

I don’t know much about Leal other than the fact that he’s a shooter, but I’m pretty excited for Galloway. I think that kid could be something special. 

The point was we’ve lost at home to Lipscomb. Indiana lost at home to Lipscomb. 

And I also threw in a home loss to Eastern Washington in year six and a loss to IUPUFW as the number 3 ranked team in the country. So in response to “nothing under Crean was ever this bad”, yes it was. A lot. 
Omg yes the fortwayne loss will go down in history. That was 95 percent Hoosier fans in the summit city

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

49 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This is not one game. MSU didn’t play like crap 3 games in a row

I’m of the opinion that except for rare 5* talents (TJD), freshmen aren’t real basketball players at this level. Transitioning to college itself is difficult enough, and throw in balancing basketball time commitments, being undersized and needing to bulk up, being on national TV every game, etc., you’re really in an observation and testing the waters phase. You’re an intern,  not an employee. 

So we’re in our first year of Archie’s guys having this be “their team” and not guests on a roster. It’s December 13th and we’re 10-1. This team is a major work in progress, but you can’t deny they’re playing aggressive and busting their butts out there on both ends. We just got our star PG back. It’s not about how you’re playing now but how you develop throughout the year. Players emerge, benches tighten. 

I understand the frustration but if we had beaten Wisconsin and played exactly the same tonight with the same OT win, would people be complaining this much? Again, it’s December.

12 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Anyone think Leal helps our shooting woes next year? I dont feel any of the current 2020 recruits are immediate impact guys.

Jerry Meyer lists comps of some recruits.  He gives Dakota Mathis as a comp for Anthony Leal and Andrew White III as a comp for Jordan Geronimo;  no comp listed for Galloway.  Both were solid college players but they both took a couple of years before they were solid impact guys.  

Leal is definitely the best shooter of the three.  Galloway is a hard nosed, athletic kid but perimeter shooting is not his forte.  But in other areas Leal is probably behind Galloway and Geronimo.

Likely we will need to see guys on our roster start hitting shots not only the rest of this year but next.  

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Omg yes the fortwayne loss will go down in history. That was 95 percent Hoosier fans in the summit city

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

That team also beat UNC, who won the NCAAT that year, and Kansas, who was also a 1-seed. If they didn’t lose to Fort Wayne that team would’ve been ranked #1 in December that year, and probably would’ve still missed the tournament...Has any other team ever beaten two 1-seeds in a season and still missed the NCAAT?

30 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Someone brought up the early Crean teams so I went back and looked at the schedule from that season. I wonder if the MSU fans were melting down when their top-10 ranked team only managed a 5 point win against an IU team that had to recruit players at baseball tryouts and actually dressed a team manager at one point.

A big and comforting difference for MSU fans is the success they have experienced over multiple years. Due to our lack of success I think we suffer from a severe case of “here we go again” trauma. 

I for one would like to be cured.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Jerry Meyer lists comps of some recruits.  He gives Dakota Mathis as a comp for Anthony Leal and Andrew White III as a comp for Jordan Geronimo;  no comp listed for Galloway.  Both were solid college players but they both took a couple of years before they were solid impact guys.  

Leal is definitely the best shooter of the three.  Galloway is a hard nosed, athletic kid but perimeter shooting is not his forte.  But in other areas Leal is probably behind Galloway and Geronimo.

Likely we will need to see guys on our roster start hitting shots not only the rest of this year but next.  

Galloway will remind people of Dane Fife.   Leal can flat shoot it.