Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

2 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

We’re just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one. In my eyes, Smith is replaceable. Phinisee is indispensable. 

Phin also coughed up the ball twice late in regulation that led to points. If Smith is replaceable, I don’t know by whom because it sure as hell doesn’t involve anyone we have on our bench. Both of those guys are important if we want to have sustained success. 

Our guards need to play better on ball defense and hit shots pure and simple. Not sure why Smith is taking heat for tonight 

The good news?   Out rebounded them by 23.   Shot 20 more FT's than they did.  Phinisee had 4 assists and 1 turnover in 30+ minutes.  TJD is a ballplayer.

I guess shooters are on the way in a year and I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.   And it was not pretty.   I'm not jumping off the cliff like some; and I have a whole lot more to say; but that was not their best performance.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

FWIW, Green played just 14 1/2 minutes before he got injured tonight.  When he was on the floor, IU was +17 in points.  

Regardless of your feelings about his up and down play, he's the guy who does force defenses to guard the perimeter more which in turn clears up our posts more.

Do you know the nature of his injury? Just watched Archie’s post game presser and he mentioned everyone being healthy for yesterday’s practice but no mention of an injury tonight.

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Phin also coughed up the ball twice late in regulation that led to points. If Smith is replaceable, I don’t know by whom because it sure as hell doesn’t involve anyone we have on our bench. Both of those guys are important if we want to have sustained success. 

Our guards need to play better on ball defense and hit shots pure and simple. Not sure why Smith is taking heat for tonight 

Honestly I didn’t really intend for it to come off as me bashing Smith because I’ve been content with his play for the most part. I say Rob is indispensable because he’s the primary ball handler and the only true PG we have. 

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Do you know the nature of his injury? Just watched Archie’s post game presser and he mentioned everyone being healthy for yesterday’s practice but no mention of an injury tonight.

I was just following what others had posted here....thought they had said Green was injured.

The good news?   Out rebounded them by 23.   Shot 20 more FT's than they did.  Phinisee had 4 assists and 1 turnover in 30+ minutes.  TJD is a ballplayer.
I guess shooters are on the way in a year and I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.   And it was not pretty.   I'm not jumping off the cliff like some; and I have a whole lot more to say; but that was not their best performance.

Right... we out rebounded them by 23 and shot 20 more FT’s and still took an extra 5 minutes to beat one of the worst Big Ten teams we’ve seen in years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, bleedhoosier said:

Man, listening to coach in post game sure does make me feel better. He knows what the weaknesses are, he takes blame, he wishes he did a couple things differently. These are good qualities to have. He's very grounded. I still think he was the right hit. This program is stuck because we don't give anyone time. Y'all lost ur minds trying to run him off already. Calm down, were in the tourney this year. TJD I better than Romeo, our 3pt pct is up, our free throws are up, the overall defense is better. Steady hand. 

We aren’t in the tourney yet and playing like this we won’t be. 

Anc I don’t give 2 craps that he knows what the problems are. They are the same problems 3 years running. He needs to start fixing them

Last year we lost most of our close games....12 out of 13 games if I remember correctly. Is jury still out on how good we can be? Sure. But I like winning more than losing and if we are winning these type of games now and can be playing our best basketball at then end of the season then I will continue be happy when we win games...

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mbredenk101 said:

Last year we lost most of our close games....12 out of 13 games if I remember correctly. Is jury still out on how good we can be? Sure. But I like winning more than losing and if we are winning these type of games now and can be playing our best basketball at then end of the season then I will continue be happy when we win games...

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

Actually we won a lot of close games in December and then proceeded to revert to the mean in January and February.