Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

Hope it was send a message time for Green and Durham. If they are both injured, we have bigger problems. Durham took a nasty spill there. Hearing rumors Green was hurt. Not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hope I’m wrong but I think Archie is a dead man walking. I just can’t comprehend how you have zero shooters 3 years in a row. In all honesty, that’s all this team is missing and would make a world of difference. Put a Stefanovic on this team and we’re a legit B1G contender. Teams won’t respect our shot and will just pack it in against us and we’ll continue to have these types of games. Play Cooper Bybee or at least give the kid a shot...maybe he spreads out the defenses and allows our offense to actually flow a little better. At this point, you have to try something different. I’ll take a W over losing any day of the week, but the reality is we’ve played 2 of the worst teams in the B1G and from these games, I don’t know how anybody could be positive with this team right now.

2 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Hope it was send a message time for Green and Durham. If they are both injured, we have bigger problems. Durham took a nasty spill there. Hearing rumors Green was hurt. Not cool.

Hopefully nothing too serious for either.  8 days between games should help.

4 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Losing faith in Miller and this program. Great to be 10-1, but this is starting to feel like last year. Good start, beat a couple good teams, start to play bad but win, then...... we know the rest.

Hope I’m very wrong., but these last 3 games are unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Im just watching Devonte on the bench during these recaps just sitting down while everyone else is up and celebrating. That's the reality. It's always going to be the team, and then Devonte. Nothing has changed from last year. He'll be useful in spurts but I wouldn't give him major minutes unless he's focused. Nothing against Devonte, the person. He'll go off a few times for us this season, and will also nearly give games away.

Not a coincidence that this could be our first four-year players to miss the NCAAs every year

Also think we are in for much more of this type of game. Nebraska spread out the D, blew right past on the perimeter and either went straight to the cup, or kicked for wide @$$ open threes. We had no answer or strategy to stop this? As a pac line? I’ve said this every time and nobody ever has a response to explain how dribble penetration is so easy against a defense which is designed to stop one thing...dribble penetration.

4 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Well Durham fouled out I’m sure he would have continued to play if he hadn’t. Green on the other hand I think that was a benching to wake up for sure

1 minute ago, bleedhoosier said:

Bybee... Interesting. He does seem very calm and collected and maybe able to handle pressure. Then just go get lost in the offense. Honestly, that's Damezi's role but.. he isn't hitting at a good enough rate.

Not positive but I think one of the issues with Damezi coming out of high school was that he’s realllly streaky.

Smith isn’t better than Phinisee or TJD but he has his moments. The fact that people consider him to be one of our best players is part of the problem. He has talent, but he’s not a particularly good basketball player. There’s a difference.

Smith is better than Phinisee. He’s proven he’s damn good this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol he apparently has some comprehension issues.
You quoted my post which was looking for who besides TJD and Rob would be better than Smith and Durham didn't you? Or did you not mean to quote me?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Im just watching Devonte on the bench during these recaps just sitting down while everyone else is up and celebrating. That's the reality. It's always going to be the team, and then Devonte. Nothing has changed from last year. He'll be useful in spurts but I wouldn't give him major minutes unless he's focused. Nothing against Devonte, the person. He'll go off a few times for us this season, and will also nearly give games away.

Exactly!

13 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

If it is time to hand him his walking papers

Just now, brumdog45 said:

FWIW, Green played just 14 1/2 minutes before he got injured tonight.  When he was on the floor, IU was +17 in points.  

Regardless of your feelings about his up and down play, he's the guy who does force defenses to guard the perimeter more which in turn clears up our posts more.

What’s the injury?

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

You quoted my post which was looking for who besides TJD and Rob would be better than Smith and Durham didn't you? Or did you not mean to quote me?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The entire exchange began with a poster that said Crean’s recruits were some of our best players. I disagree and I was staying on that topic. As basketball players, I think we have multiple guys that are more competent than Durham and Smith. Do they necessarily have the same stats? No. They also don’t have the same experience or minutes. For example, if you give Hunter the kind of minutes that Durham and Smith have played to this point, I think he’s head and shoulders above both of them.

Edit: Minutes in his career*