Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Smith is our 2nd best player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Smith isn’t better than Phinisee or TJD but he has his moments. The fact that people consider him to be one of our best players is part of the problem. He has talent, but he’s not a particularly good basketball player. There’s a difference.

12 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

So for comparison you pull out the team starting a freshman Pritchard and Kyle Tabor?   What a GREAT example...Crean inherited  a stellar lineup led by returning leading. scorer, at 1 point a game,  Kyle Tabor.  Good grief.

TJD, Rob, Franklin and Brunk both clearly have a higher basketball IQ, and I’d say Hunter and Thompson are both ahead of Durham and Smith at comparable points in their development. Durham and Smith are in their 3rd year of serious minutes and just aren’t very good the majority of the time.
So Franklin, Brunk, Hunter and Thompson are better than Smith and Durham. Ok I've learned something new today

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just now, rcs29 said:

So Franklin, Brunk, Hunter and Thompson are better than Smith and Durham. Ok I've learned something new today

Come on man he didn’t say that. He simply said they are smarter on the court.

Another messy game. Still hoping for 9 more BT wins and a berth in the tourney. Getting nervous about us being able to do it but more minutes, and game experience, for Rob will greatly help both our ball movement and D.

Come on man he didn’t say that. He simply said they are smarter on the court.
No I asked who was better than Smith, Durham other than TJD and Rob. This was his answer

Just now, DChoosier said:

So for comparison you pull out the team starting a freshman Pritchard and Kyle Tabor?   What a GREAT example...Crean inherited  a stellar lineup led by returning leading. scorer, at 1 point a game,  Kyle Tabor.  Good grief.

The point was we’ve lost at home to Lipscomb. Indiana lost at home to Lipscomb. 

And I also threw in a home loss to Eastern Washington in year six and a loss to IUPUFW as the number 3 ranked team in the country. So in response to “nothing under Crean was ever this bad”, yes it was. A lot. 

Im just watching Devonte on the bench during these recaps just sitting down while everyone else is up and celebrating. That's the reality. It's always going to be the team, and then Devonte. Nothing has changed from last year. He'll be useful in spurts but I wouldn't give him major minutes unless he's focused. Nothing against Devonte, the person. He'll go off a few times for us this season, and will also nearly give games away.