Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

I’m not one to be negative on here but if we lose this game, I’m not opposed to firing Archie immediately. Nebrasketball has owned us in the last few years and that should NEVER happen. This is some of the worst basketball I’ve watched all year. Turning it off. Hope they come out on fire and make me eat crow, but this is just horrid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Bigred3588 said:

I still think we’ll make the tourney this year but hey, doom and gloom to your hearts content.

Lighten up. I was just being sarcastic.

I mean come on....you bring up the roster he inherited a few years ago and we are playing at home, against a first year coach with a trash roster, 8 scholarship players, losses to Southern Utah and George Mason and our issue is that Archie had to keep Davis and Green?  OK

He recruits players to fit his system. They both committed before he was hired. I don’t consider them his recruits.

So he can’t coach well enough to get them to learn his system? Even though he didn’t have any of Creans bad habits to break? That’d say enough of Archie to say he’s not the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie going big at all times is so confusing. Seems like we never have a 3 guard lineup. With Nebraska going 5 out, there's no reason for Davis to be in the game. It would make sense if Davis could dominate on offense, but he's not doing that. Green, Durham, Phin, TJD, and Smith should be playing together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

I still think we’ll make the tourney this year but hey, doom and gloom to your hearts content.

I agree that I think we will get in the tourney but will admit I’m getting a little nervous in regards to winning 10 conference games.  Rob continuing to get better will be huge and hopefully Hunter turns out to be the player many have thought he could be.

Anyone know what the attendance is like tonight? I'm guessing we'll continue to see less butts in seats and that may be a pretty good indicator of the fan base's feelings on this regime. Seems like the only time AH is loud anymore is if there is a top 20 team in the building. In fairness not a lot of excitement with these teams the last couple of years.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Anyone know what the attendance is like tonight? I'm guessing we'll continue to see less butts in seats and that may be a pretty good indicator of the fan base's feelings on this regime. Seems like the only time AH is loud anymore is if there is a top 20 team in the building. In fairness not a lot of excitement with these teams the last couple of years.

I saw a pic someone posted of the media section half empty. That's pretty glaring and representative too.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Creams basketball wasn’t good but at least it was exciting to a casual fan. This hot garbage my dog could tell you is bad