Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 11 - Nebraska 12/13/19)

How does this work?

Each week I will create Prediction League threads for the weeks game(s).

It's a simple concept:

Each week you start with 100 points (only if a prediction is made, otherwise 0 points for the week)
+25 PTs if you guess the winner
-25 PTs if you pick the loser
+10 PTs if guess IU score correctly
+10 PTs if guess Opponent score correct
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of IU (over/under doesn't matter)
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of opponent (over/under doesn't matter)

*** Reminder if you post a prediction and want to change it, please just POST a NEW Prediction, do not edit a prior post as I may miss those edits.

The person with the most points (MINUS 2 LOWEST GAMES) at the end of the season wins.

I must be overthinking things.  Think I'll try putting in my guess early instead of late and see if it makes a difference.

Good points for Nebraska.  We have a common opponent, S Dakota St.  We won by 14 (64-50).  Nebraska won by 17 (90-73).  Nebraska is shooting the 3 at a 32.7% clip.

Now for the Nebraska bad stuff.  We are averaging 7 points more per game and IU is 12.5 points per game better on defense.  Nebraska is projected to be 0-20 in the Big10 this year.  They are not very good at guarding the 3-point line and gave up 13 3s to Creighton, 11 to George Mason, and 9 to Southern.  They don't rebound well.  They are 0-1 against Q1 competition and 0-1 against Q2, and they have lost twice to Q4 teams.  In short they look worse than Wisconsin, but not by much.

The Hoosier offense has stalled in the last two games and this would be a good place to get back on track, especially with Phinisee expected to see more time.  Plus we should welcome playing on our home court again.

Hoosiers 85 - Cornhuskers 68