Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

Every post you make seems to be a dictatorial, so your mind is obviously made up.  You asked above if you're delusional, but you already seem to have all the answers.   You don't want a rebuttal or even a discussion.  In fact, you seem to already know what the rebuttal would be.  Just drop the mic and go to bed.

And every post you make is an absolute truth because anything said to the contrary can't be true because you're "that guy" so you don't honestly want debate despite what you say. True or not?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We really need to shrink down to an 8 man rotation. Other than De’Ron not sure who else to leave out. Gut would say Race and Damezi 

The battle for playing time will get interesting when Rob and Hunter are both healthy and in game shape. As an example,  Rob only played 13 tonight. What does playing time and lineups look like if he gets up to 28-32? 

6 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I have obviously seen the good in his games.  But I have seen games like tonight far more often.  One man's opinion.   He's a maddening player.  I wish he would approach games trying to make plays for other people and let opportunities come to him.   I think he tries to do too much for himself first, and if he's not making shots, it gets ugly.

Some of that is on Archie. CAM still gives him too many mins as lead guard handling the ball. All second half I kept wondering when Green and Rob would see the floor together. He plays better off the ball yet he always seems to have it in his hands. Tough when Al is out there with him, because when Al isn't driving the lane he seems to pick up his dribble too often leaving Green to go after the pass than receiving the pass.

36 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

-Rotation HAS to shrink down

-Phinisee, Green, Armaan are our 3 best guards. 

-Hunter needs to hunt more shots. Highest ceiling offensively on entire team. 

-Archie needs to get much better with the lineups. He’s been really bad as of late. 

Armaan better than Durham??

I get so sick of everybody trying to find a pebble in a ton of stone to make them feel better. Know what? When Archie was hired I thought it was a good fit. I feel I was wrong. Something drastic changes then I'll admit for the second time I was wrong. Honestly if others feel differently then they are either stubborn or naive and that's honestly ok with me. But this has seriously become a "yes" man vs "no" man scenario with our coach and that can't be good. If it were good then everyone would be "yes" men correct? Much like the days of RMK when nobody really questioned whether or not it was coaching.....or am I delusional?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just got a big win at MSG over UConn! Personally glad no one is questioning whether or not Archie is the right fit at the moment as that discussion is for a later date IMO. Hopefully we can jump out to a similar start as Creighton did vs Nebraska and hopefully that’s all that’s on anyone’s mind over the next few days in regard to IUBB.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Armaan better than Durham??

Armaan isn’t better right now but he will be and hopefully he can continue to make strides this season to get there. Durham is too streaky and makes a ton of mistakes (especially on defense and effort on defense). He also doesn’t have the composure of a player with his experience.

Armaan makes a lot of freshmen mistakes but is pretty steady and gives consistent effort. Both lack consistency in their shot. Al can win you a game right now if he gets hot but I’m not sure Armaan is there yet.

So I guess the long and the short of my opinion is give the minutes to Armaan and spell him with Al when he’s having an off night or not asserting himself on offense. Both will be frustrating at times and brilliant at times, right now neither have really risen above the other on the court  

21 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

The battle for playing time will get interesting when Rob and Hunter are both healthy and in game shape. As an example,  Rob only played 13 tonight. What does playing time and lineups look like if he gets up to 28-32? 

I think Franklin ends up being the odd man out.  

6 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Armaan isn’t better right now but he will be and hopefully he can continue to make strides this season to get there. Durham is too streaky and makes a ton of mistakes (especially on defense and effort on defense). He also doesn’t have the composure of a player with his experience.

Armaan makes a lot of freshmen mistakes but is pretty steady and gives consistent effort. Both lack consistency in their shot. Al can win you a game right now if he gets hot but I’m not sure Armaan is there yet.

So I guess the long and the short of my opinion is give the minutes to Armaan and spell him with Al when he’s having an off night or not asserting himself on offense. Both will be frustrating at times and brilliant at times, right now neither have really risen above the other on the court  

I don’t see this one bit.  Armaan is incredibly limited offensively currently.  Al on an off night is better than Armaan.

armaan isn’t an inconsistent shooter...he is s bad one right now.

14 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I don’t see this one bit.  Armaan is incredibly limited offensively currently.  Al on an off night is better than Armaan.

armaan isn’t an inconsistent shooter...he is s bad one right now.

As limited as Armaan is offensively Al is equally limited on the defensive end and not just his on ball defense. His off ball defense (help side and screening hedging/switching) are atrocious. The effort just isn’t there. He also turns the ball over at a higher clip.

Armaan’s shot isn’t there but it has been in spurts, especially when he had more minutes in the exhibition games. My hope is that will come with time.  If it doesn’t Al will be the clear choice but I think we benefit from giving Armaan the nod right now and seeing what he can do. 

It's a win in the GARDEN in DECEMBER. Traditionally there is ugly basketball in December, and not just from our beloved Hoosiers. I mean, we could be Maryland having lost to PSU right now. Back up and take the win. Young players learn more from this type of win than the game where you come out red hot. They had to overcome their opponent AND themselves. They took punches but learned to counter punch (unlike Saturday). And doing it in UCONN's back yard, no less. It's ok to acknowledge progress even if it's far from perfect. Yes, the players need to shoot better, think smarter, and overall just execute better. Yes, the coaching staff needs to manage personnel better. It's going to come. We're just to the meat of the schedule, so they're all readjusting. There's plenty of rational things to say, but as long as we aren't winning by 20 the boo birds will have something to hang their hats on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Borzello - Indiana with a gritty/ugly win over UConn at Madison Square Garden. Hoosiers played 11 guys; none hit double-figures in points -- that's their first win without a double-figure scorer in over 20 seasons, per @ESPNStatsInfo

.Final boxscore.

http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/archived.php?id=287745

Last night's win

knockout fighter : Stock Illustration

Borzello - Indiana with a gritty/ugly win over UConn at Madison Square Garden. Hoosiers played 11 guys; none hit double-figures in points -- that's their first win without a double-figure scorer in over 20 seasons, per @ESPNStatsInfo
.Final boxscore.
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/archived.php?id=287745

Last night's win
knockout-fighter-vector-id165036573?s=2048x2048&key=3f7c78ac380a99c60d96b20fd40debcf70048f0862c2e82202d279fa5e40dcdc

Ugly basketball in both games of the Jimmy V Classic. 18-68 from 3 for the 4 teams combined. Even Knicks fans aren’t used to seeing that poor of shooting in MSG! Ugly game, beautiful result. Go Hoosiers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, our defense is arguably some of the best defensive play out of Hoosier team we’ve all seen in over a decade. That’s wild... legitimately good defense that will make us really dangerous the more consistently we can bring it.

Our offense... what the hell. The small ball lineup worked in the first, but Smith nor Green nor TJD were bringing it tonight. TJD coming back down to earth, but still playing well. Everyone wanted Brunk and Al benched, understandably, but then they saved our *****. Only reason Rob played only 13 mins has to be because of bringing him back slowly/strep. Not seeing the improved three point shooting from Anderson, Al, or anyone really.