Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

So assuming we can beat Notre Dame, Nebraska and Arkansas. Big Assumption there. But we would be 12-1. 

We would just need 8 wins for the tourney.   Problem is I see maybe 3 “easy” games in that last 18 games. Gonna have to be ready every night to get those wins. 

Hate to say it, but I just kinda feel like we’ll go 2-1 in these next 3. Hopefully I’m wrong, but glad none of them are away

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Knew the refs would swallow the whistle. They did it in the first half as well. UCONN went like 10 minutes without fouling... okay

Happy Brunk to the first half benching to heart and played with more effort in the second half.

Happy for Durham hitting a couple of tough layups and drawing fouls.

We’re not a team that is going to win pretty or by out shooting a good team. We need to get in the lane with post touches or drives and be physical going up. I saw a little growing up in the second half when things weren’t going out way. It would have been easy for them to just pack it in when we couldn’t score. They fought, they grew, and they got better. That’s a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

12 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I'm not sure I know what ur referring to. I'm watching the replay and Vital was going for the steal, Devonte grabbed it and Rob was standing wide open 5 feet from him just having knocked down 2 big throws. Vital knowing he missed, grabbed Devonte for an easy foul save but, Devonte could have easily handed that off too. It was hero mode. 

That’s also how I saw it. Green wasn’t going to give the ball up.

Lots of ugliness but at least we played harder than at Wiscy and Rob got some time. If/when he gets 100% we will be a lot better.

On selection Sunday, if we are in the conversation, a W is a W. Glad we pulled it out.

Jerome Hunter really settled in there for a while and looked great. He should be good to go in another month of action.

That last Durham drive was a thing of beauty. That needs to be his game. That's his move. 

And so nice to see Phinisee back in the saddle. His conditioning held up better than I thought. A Phinisee, Green, Franklin, Smith, TJD lineup could absolutely dismantle an opposing offense.

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

People acting like Green is to blame for anything....come on

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

He's not to blame for anything.  Let alone to blame for "everything."  We won the game.    But...come on.  He's also (like several others) not beyond criticism, either.  He's a senior many were begging to have start because he had one "in the zone" game.  Tonight?   2-10 from the floor; a couple more hero plays that weren't needed, and 2 critical missed FT's at the end.  He leads the team in turnovers again this season and after tonight is 2nd in missed FG's.   Maybe he's 3rd.   He's a maddening player and just doesn't seem to improve some of the controllable things.

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

-Rotation HAS to shrink down

-Phinisee, Green, Armaan are our 3 best guards. 

-Hunter needs to hunt more shots. Highest ceiling offensively on entire team. 

-Archie needs to get much better with the lineups. He’s been really bad as of late. 

We really need to shrink down to an 8 man rotation. Other than De’Ron not sure who else to leave out. Gut would say Race and Damezi 

Our "good defense" had a lot to do with terrible shot selection from UConn. And before your rebuttal no it didn't have to do with IU taking away anything. You take a contested 24 ft. jump shot with 15 seconds left on shot clock it wasn't because the defense was "good". I'm sorry guys but this team isn't very good. Can they make the tournament? Sure. Will they? I'm skeptical

Hey, that wasn't pretty - but

This is a win this team can build on after a confidence changing loss on the road to Wisconsin.  Lack of athleticism at the 5 will be an area that will hurt us depending on the opponent. But come on . . . this team fought and fought fought all night and found a way to win. What do we say : "just win baby"

Very happy for the players and coaching staff. "Don't give up - don't ever give up" 

10 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

-Rotation HAS to shrink down

-Phinisee, Green, Armaan are our 3 best guards. 

-Hunter needs to hunt more shots. Highest ceiling offensively on entire team. 

-Archie needs to get much better with the lineups. He’s been really bad as of late. 

Yet Al got us back in the game when we were trailing late.

He's not to blame for anything.  Let alone to blame for "everything."  We won the game.    But...come on.  He's also (like several others) not beyond criticism, either.  He's a senior many were begging to have start because he had one "in the zone" game.  Tonight?   2-10 from the floor; a couple more hero plays that weren't needed, and 2 critical missed FT's at the end.  He leads the team in turnovers again this season and after tonight is 2nd in missed FG's.   Maybe he's 3rd.   He's a maddening player and just doesn't seem to improve some of the controllable things.

Tonight was the first time I questioned his shot selection more than not. I also don’t like how the ball always sticks in his hands. We dribble out the lions share of the shot clock. Not difficult to defend that.

Just now, cappymo14 said:

Tonight was the first time I questioned his shot selection more than not. I also don’t like how the ball always sticks in his hands. We dribble out the lions share of the shot clock. Not difficult to defend that.

I have obviously seen the good in his games.  But I have seen games like tonight far more often.  One man's opinion.   He's a maddening player.  I wish he would approach games trying to make plays for other people and let opportunities come to him.   I think he tries to do too much for himself first, and if he's not making shots, it gets ugly.

I get so sick of everybody trying to find a pebble in a ton of stone to make them feel better. Know what? When Archie was hired I thought it was a good fit. I feel I was wrong. Something drastic changes then I'll admit for the second time I was wrong. Honestly if others feel differently then they are either stubborn or naive and that's honestly ok with me. But this has seriously become a "yes" man vs "no" man scenario with our coach and that can't be good. If it were good then everyone would be "yes" men correct? Much like the days of RMK when nobody really questioned whether or not it was coaching.....or am I delusional?

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Our "good defense" had a lot to do with terrible shot selection from UConn. And before your rebuttal no it didn't have to do with IU taking away anything. You take a contested 24 ft. jump shot with 15 seconds left on shot clock it wasn't because the defense was "good". I'm sorry guys but this team isn't very good. Can they make the tournament? Sure. Will they? I'm skeptical

Every post you make seems to be a dictatorial, so your mind is obviously made up.  You asked above if you're delusional, but you already seem to have all the answers.   You don't want a rebuttal or even a discussion.  In fact, you seem to already know what the rebuttal would be.  Just drop the mic and go to bed.