Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

Just now, DChoosier said:

How many times have we won with more airballs 3’s than made 3’s ?

Glad to see Rob. Hopefully we will see more of him going forward.

Props to Brunk for saving us during a stretch in the second half after a less than optimal first half. Not always easy to come back from that.

As much hate as Brunk and Al got they were our leading scorers

Devonte has to be more clutch on FT at the end of the game,  that can hurt us later on. 

Brunk & Al played much better in the 2nd.

Jerome, Damezi, Armaan... gotta add something somewhere...

Deron is never going to get whatever athleticism he once had back and that's sad. 

Could both teams have played really good defense? Or both played bad offensively?

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

As much hate as Brunk and Al got they were our leading scorers

I’ll bite - I was one of those critics of their play in the first half. Brunk was self explanatory but Durham is our second leading returning scorer and he did not play well at all in the first half. He has a tendency to want to drive through guys and if his shot isn’t falling he’s another Damezi in my eyes with less rebounding. I was happy to see him turn it around in the second. We’re going to need him obviously but I do think we need him to find more consistent offense.

Good for Brunk fighting back in that stretch.

Really glad we got the W.

We are a flawed team. We just are. We need to win ugly because we don’t shoot it great.

UConn had a slight crowd advantage. I think overall the refs were fairly neutral. This win will carry a little.

Wins on the road this year will be rare unless our defense holds teams in the low 60s.

On to the next.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

If passes to Rob on that out of bounds play, it's a turnover.  Defender was hugging Rob.  And the last time Green got fouled, he had just stole the ball.  Not sure how in either case he was supposed to get it Rob.

I'm not sure I know what ur referring to. I'm watching the replay and Vital was going for the steal, Devonte grabbed it and Rob was standing wide open 5 feet from him just having knocked down 2 big throws. Vital knowing he missed, grabbed Devonte for an easy foul save but, Devonte could have easily handed that off too. It was hero mode. 

1 minute ago, bleedhoosier said:

I'm not sure I know what ur referring to. I'm watching the replay and Vital was going for the steal, Devonte grabbed it and Rob was standing wide open 5 feet from him just having knocked down 2 big throws. Vital knowing he missed, grabbed Devonte for an easy foul save but, Devonte could have easily handed that off too. It was hero mode. 

Green is the same player hes always been. He will cost us a couple games this year.

I honestly believe both coaches are decent coaches, but tonight both teams weren’t well coached.

At the end of the day, I’ll take being 9-1 and going home to play Nebraska.

Come March, this is a resume boosting win. UConn is a tough out.

Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
If you felt that any semblance of good coaching came from that game then ok. I saw an awful lot of the same from AM. Can't speak on Hurley because I haven't seen him with UConn but damn if that was absolutely atrocious basketball imo

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Indiana with a gritty/ugly win over UConn at Madison Square Garden. Hoosiers played 11 guys; none hit double-figures in points -- that's their first win without a double-figure scorer in over 20 seasons, per @ESPNStatsInfo.
Jeff borzello

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good to see Rob back.  Hard to believe he only played 13 minutes tonight -- seemed like more.  Think we saw tonight that we can expect Franklin's minutes to decrease when all of guards are at full health.

Brunk went from a horrible half to a really, really good one.  Also did a good job defensively on Carlton the second half.

Damezi is a much better player than last year.  Defense is 100% improved.

Davis had a couple of opportunities to really give us momentum and either turned it over or missed a layup.  He got the ball in good position and went up strong but simply didn't finish.

14 assists on 21 field goals.

8 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Devonte has to be more clutch on FT at the end of the game,  that can hurt us later on. 

He did a lot of things very poorly tonight.  The FT's were just the last.  

Brunk & Al played much better in the 2nd.

Jerome, Damezi, Armaan... gotta add something somewhere...

All 3 did.  Jerome had a key bucket, a big  block in transition, a steal, and played some solid defense.  Armaan's defense was terrific on and off the ball.  In fact, I watched him on one possession get through at least 3 screens and still cut a guy off from a driving lane.  His length is a difficult matchup.   Damezi also hit a shot, had a couple of assists, and played strong defense against bigger players.  Nobody scored well and nobody had numbers to speak of.  Everyone did something to contribute.  Some did far more to detract.

Deron is never going to get whatever athleticism he once had back and that's sad. 

Could both teams have played really good defense? Or both played bad offensively?

It wasn't consistent, but our defense was terrific for stretches.