Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

Typical poor beginning...as I type this the interviewer told Archie it took a while to get into this game...but a fantastic finish to the half!  I bet we win this now.  We usually come out strong from halftime

Wow what a half, both great and horrible. I really hope Archie goes with Trace and Justin, and tell Justin to take Akok off the dribble and attack him like crazy. Get him out and I love our chances even better.

While not on the stat sheet, and outside of one defense inbound play, I thought Armaan played very well. Cut down the crazy turnovers and I feel IU should win this game by 10+.

Have to keep punching away, I think our physical play really got to them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Nice finish to the half. Why is TJD so off around the rim recently?

Has probably never really been challenged at the rim like he has been since big boy ball started last week. Something to work on for sure. 

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

Defense will be this teams calling card

It can be if Rob does what I think he can with his perimeter D on the ball.
Without him there have been spurts, with Wiscy and UCONN, when it looked like the other team was playing H.O.R.S.E.

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

No more Brunk and Deron in small bits. Small lineup is kicking butt.

Our “small” line up isn’t even that small when TJD, Smith and Hunter/Damezi/Race are in. Brunk offers nothing and Davis offers little against smaller/athletic teams like this. 

This team needs Rob so badly at both ends of the floor. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that things changed once he was consistently in the game. Archie: “I hope he doesn’t tighten up at halftime because I may not take him out.” I know it was said in jest, but still.

Phin getting some run and IU settles down.

The bigs sitting and we defend better.

The back moves on offense and we get some good looks around the rim.

We need to go at Akok early in the first half to get him that third foul. That’ll be a key.

This game isn’t over but it’s good to see the boys take a punch and punch back. We rolled over in Madison but grinder back in MSG.

Brunk was useless

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Durham and Brunk I’m sure are nice people but they don’t need to be starting moving forward. Durham has been so disappointing as the competition has ramped up

Definitely agree on brunk but I like al and willing to give him more of a chance haha

I REALLY hope Archie can find the right starting mix. Would like to see rotation dwindle.

TJD needs as many minutes as he can handle. Like 45.

A healthy Phinisee needs 44.

Brunk was killing us.

Finish strong boys.

Glad we contested shots and they took some awful shots down the stretch.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Brunk was useless

Definitely agree on brunk but I like al and willing to give him more of a chance haha

When Durham isn’t scoring like he hasn’t been lately I feel Damezi can do just about the same thing, not saying he should start but he gives us more than Al has