Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

Ok i should have been more clear iu can afford to lose this game and still have a good season! I do believe however if u dont come back from that train wreck Saturday ready to play tonight I will be skeptical that this team has the toughness to come back and make the tournament. I give credit to some posters on here that kept convincing us last season that every loss along the way was ok and we can still get in. We came closer than I thought but wasn't enough. So yea iu can lose tonight but should they? No

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If you’re basically a lock or have a strong schedule, you can take the hit. We don’t have either of those things.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Our non-con could be better, and I'd prefer it a little tougher, but at the end our schedule will be fine due to B1G.

If you’re basically a lock or have a strong schedule, you can take the hit. We don’t have either of those things.

Neither did Baylor last year when they went 9-4 in the non conference with home losses to Texas Southern and SF Austin and Wichita St on the road (all 3 non tournament teams). Playing in the B1G or any other power conference allows teams to be able to take a hit even if their schedule isn’t as strong as some would like.

Cant wait till we can quit arguing over how bad we can play and make the tournament.Then we can argue about what seed we will be or what seed we should have been if we didn't lose certain games. That would be more fun

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Our schedule is going to be plenty strong come March. You forget what conference we play in?

Committee still wants to see a strong OOC resume. So sure we can get wins over Maryland, OSU, Michigan and Michigan State possibly. We play Michigan and MSU once a piece and the other 2 twice. We have plenty of chances at solid wins with a limited amount a great wins. As in, we have 7 games for a great win and we’ve already beaten FSU. Gotta take adavantage of 2-3 of the other 6.

Neither did Baylor last year when they went 9-4 in the non conference with home losses to Texas Southern and SF Austin and Wichita St on the road (all 3 non tournament teams). Playing in the B1G or any other power conference allows teams to be able to take a hit even if their schedule isn’t as strong as some would like.

Well the NET pushes P5 teams towards the top.

Committee still wants to see a strong OOC resume. So sure we can get wins over Maryland, OSU, Michigan and Michigan State possibly. We play Michigan and MSU once a piece and the other 2 twice. We have plenty of chances at solid wins with a limited amount a great wins. As in, we have 7 games for a great win and we’ve already beaten FSU. Gotta take adavantage of 2-3 of the other 6.

Any road win in conference over teams not named Nebraska, Rutgers or Northwestern this year would be great wins.

Is this going to be our first game in about 60 games with a full roster or some random tweak keeping someone else out now that Rob is back. Seems we find out right before game time on a lot of these

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t think IU will have much trouble here. If they really are a good team and Saturday was the anomaly, then we should win this by ten or more. UConn has the Florida/Miami wins yes, but I’d bet IU would have handled both of those easily. I’m going to believe we are the team that played so well against FSU, rather than the team that got whooped by UW. I’ll believe it until they prove otherwise. For me, that proof might come by the first under 8 timeout. Lead and it’s a new season with high expectations. Down 7+ though? Then it’s probably going to develop into a streak.

I think Joe Brunk needs to show me something tonight. Ive defended him and tried to justify his minutes. Gotta be better than he was in the last couple. Heck, go out there and be a bully. Something man.

Those with nothing to say alway resort to name calling.

You knew what USPS was referring to when he said great. Q1 wins that are critical to tournament seeding and inclusion, which is exactly what you were complaining about. Then, you mocked “great” because those wins don’t fit a different expectation of yours.

So yes, you’re just being obnoxious.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just WIN

Hope the team comes out with energy and purpose. The rest will fall into place.

This.  Come out strong guys, and this game will take care of itself