Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

Going to the game tomorrow. First Iu game since going to the Rutgers game last year. Last year we didn’t even look like we were trying. Hoping for a different result.

Last Iu games I’ve been to: Rutgers last year at RU, Duke the year before, Big10 vs Rutgers, Louisville in Indianapolis, eastern Washington a few Years ago. Louisville in MSG. All losses.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Should be able to catch this game from the start. I think all of us will be very curious how our Hoosiers start the first couple of minutes. Will the team fold and be uninspired, or will the IU team that played FSU show up?

Next 4 games are critical IMO following this Wisconsin game. 2 home and 2 neutral. Need to finish 3-1 to feel better about our tournament hopes.

Either way, just compete and get back to what us worked well so far this season!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Haven't had a good feeling about this one since I watched them play Florida. I feel like Joey will get eaten alive down low. Plus without Rob not sure we have anyone other than Devonte who can stay in front of Gilbert and Vital. 

Hope I am wrong because It is too early in the season to feel down on IU. 

Sooo, I took my kids to Chriskindlmarkt Saturday and only caught some of the Wisconsin game at dinner afterwards. Having not watched has pretty much saved me from the doldrums the rest of you are enduring. 

Once again, tonight’s game is supposed to be the kind of game this roster was built to handle. Our bench is about 8 deep with good players, with DeRon, Jerome and Armaan there too. UConn goes 6 deep then sees drop-off. If Devonte feels like going all Jelly-fam and just outscoring them, fine. Otherwise good passing leading to a big in good position, possession after possession, should do it. Maybe once Rob gets back we can disrupt teams plans on offense. We might just be a defense in that kenpom 40ish range, which we can work with but need our offense to click. 

I’d like to see Jerome drop an early 3, get some confidence, and scrap his way to 15 points.