Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 10 - UCONN 12/10/19)

I stuck my neck out on the Wisconsin game and got it chopped.  The Badgers beat us like an old rug.  I swore that the Wisconsin jinx in Madison was ready to end and our boys had some mental toughness.  We didn't.  Beat on the board by a smaller team!  Only forces 4 turnovers!  Allowed Wisconsin to look like the best shooting team in the country!  Brother, what a mess!

Now where do I go?  What you have done in the past is usually the best indicator of what you are going to do in the present, at least until it doesn't.  See Wisconsin.  Now where are our boy going to be mentally?  Do we fight back or roll over and play dead?  When will Phinisee finally reappear?  Plenty of big questions to answer against Connecticut, which on paper is a tougher team that Wisconsin.

Connecticut shoots the 3-ball well and in volume and on paper they have a better 3-point defense than IU.  They rebound well and force turnovers.  What a recipe for disaster, if our A team doesn't show up with some grit and determination we can be run out of the gym on national TV.

I have NO confidence in this game.  There are just too many variables.  Vegas has it with an o/u of 142 and an implied final score of 72.5 to 70.  I've almost talked myself into picking against the Hoosiers, but I'll ride with them one more time before I start picking against them, but I can't see going out on a limb.

Feeling conservative about this game.

IU 75  Connecticut 70