Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

My wife tells me I need to get another hobby..I’ll keep coming back though. 

A lot of season left, and still a lot to be excited about this year and next...but I’d be lying if I said I wasn't slightly concerned. What pains me is to talk to fellow fans who respond, “I’ve accepted that we just won’t ever be elite again”. Unfortunately, that’s becoming more and more common. 

One loss doesn’t define a season, hopefully they learn from it, move on and respond in MSG. A lot of programs get their teeth kicked in from time to time, but good programs always pick themselves up and respond. On to the next one. 

Problem is though that it isn't just one loss. It's about the 6th or 7th humiliating loss under AM. That's not good just 3 years in. I'm fine with letting things play out but people aren't wrong for feeling very, very worried. It gets just as old seeing people cast down the pessimists for being pessimistic as it is for the eternal optimists seeing the pessimism. A divided fan base is never good and we should all agree that signifies a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

It’s now the 11th game under Archie where we’ve lost by 15+.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Only thing that matters is the response, but this is also what it can look like if you don't have a true point guard to facilitate an offense against a disciplined team or even a decent on ball defender.   Phinisee is both for Indiana and his absence hurts a whole lot.

That loss....was a team effort.  Horrible game.   The response is critical.

My wife tells me I need to get another hobby..I’ll keep coming back though. 
A lot of season left, and still a lot to be excited about this year and next...but I’d be lying if I said I wasn't slightly concerned. What pains me is to talk to fellow fans who respond, “I’ve accepted that we just won’t ever be elite again”. Unfortunately, that’s becoming more and more common. 
One loss doesn’t define a season, hopefully they learn from it, move on and respond in MSG. A lot of programs get their teeth kicked in from time to time, but good programs always pick themselves up and respond. On to the next one. 

Honest question based on the last two years. Have we ever bounced back?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The difference of the fan that thinks Indiana should be a blue blood again and those that accept we aren’t. It’s that simple.

The ones that think we should be search for signs ‘we are back’.

The ones that accept we aren’t, don’t give a F what the results are and how many tournaments and recruitments we lose.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Are you counting yourself in this round table of noble knights on the quest for the holy grail? Maybe put your 1/10 of Tom Allen’s salary where your mouth is and make change happen. Until then, you and the rest of the king’s men are peasants like the rest.

Disappointed we are back to the “ I’m a better fan than you are” of the Crean years where you can’t criticize a poor performance. Not a good sign.

This was an absolutely embarrassing loss and absolutely ridiculous.

This was not what many are making it out to be. There is an objective middle road...

Jeeeeeeze this place is a trash heap. This game sucked. The team sucked. Archie sucked.

You all are acting like this is the norm this year when it’s the outlier. So get a grip and we’ll see you at the next game.

Only bright spot..... we had the lead at 2 to 0. Should of held on to it.
I was hoping they’d make the trip with mental and physical toughness.
Sadly, we had neither.
Now, if we can use this embarrassing, ridiculous loss to never let it happen again.... it’d be worth it.
Bounce back HOOSIERS in a big way!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This was an absolutely embarrassing loss and absolutely ridiculous.

This was not what many are making it out to be. There is an objective middle road...

Then talk about the game and quit whining and attacking posters. Extremely annoying.