Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

Archie needed a TO way earlier in the game. It got out of control early and we aren’t designed to be a comeback team. Can’t get down 12-13 against a team with a pulse, especially on the road where the refs won’t bail you out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

This is a sport forum dude. Not real life. Why would you let this affect your life?

It’s my nature.  I have flaws, just like everyone does.  

hey, I TOTALLY get people being critical of our play today.  I thought it was crap, too.  I just don’t get people that aren’t happy unless you’re as unhappy as they are.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie needed a TO way earlier in the game. It got out of control early and we aren’t designed to be a comeback team. Can’t get down 12-13 against a team with a pulse, especially on the road where the refs won’t bail you out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I agree with that, which is why I think Green needs to be starting.  He is our best offensive player and someone that can get his own shot if the rest of the team comes out tight.

I agree with that, which is why I think Green needs to be starting.  He is our best offensive player and someone that can get his own shot if the rest of the team comes out tight.

I’d say he’s the perfect 6th man when Phin is healthy. I’d like to see Phin and Al starting with Green coming off the bench when we can’t get it going.

I get it’s college players that can be up and down in hitting shots or making passes. I don’t get not bringing the effort. This shouldn’t be a problem but it continues to be. Each player should take it personally and everyone on staff should be pissed with the effort. That’s unacceptable.

It felt like the team came out with the mindset that we haven’t won there in forever so we’ll take the L and move on. That can’t be acceptable. That mindset is for losers and needs to be gone from the program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Disappointed we are back to the “ I’m a better fan than you are” of the Crean years where you can’t criticize a poor performance. Not a good sign.

I wouldn't say criticism of a bad performance is the point. Some people take it to the extreme. One loss and the whole season is sh*t, or one loss and lets burn Archie at the stake. Thats just plain ridiculous and makes it difficult on these forums when the same individuals go on and on and on whether we win or lose.

Oddly enough... this season actually became a bit more comparable to 11-12. Though we lost at a ranked Michigan State who had Draymond Green and not Wisconsin who has.... people.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Worked you. Worked you in the exact same way I told you they would. You know nothing. I’d rather read posts from a child

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’d say he’s the perfect 6th man when Phin is healthy. I’d like to see Phin and Al starting with Green coming off the bench when we can’t get it going.

I get it’s college players that can be up and down in hitting shots or making passes. I don’t get not bringing the effort. This shouldn’t be a problem but it continues to be. Each player should take it personally and everyone on staff should be pissed with the effort. That’s unacceptable.

It felt like the team came out with the mindset that we haven’t won there in forever so we’ll take the L and move on. That can’t be acceptable. That mindset is for losers and needs to be gone from the program.

We were beat before we got on the plane.

2 hours ago, cappymo14 said:

Oh how many times I had hot takes and deleted them. So I should be trashing. I’m not going to. I paid to watch that because y’all convinced me it was possible.. wasnt . Inevitable. Who schedules their first road game in a place we hadn’t won in 20 years? That’s a bold strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not entirely a bad idea. A win and its a great confidence builder and stepping stone. A loss and its a kick in the @$$ motivation moment, and a possible stepping stone.

3 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I wouldn't say criticism of a bad performance is the point. Some people take it to the extreme. One loss and the whole season is sh*t, or one loss and lets burn Archie at the stake. Thats just plain ridiculous and makes it difficult on these forums when the same individuals go on and on and on whether we win or lose.

Everyone has an opinion. The constant complaining about and attacking other posters gets old.

3 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I still think we are cursed!  We could have Holtmann and OSU have Archie and it would still be the same.  Archie's teams rarely looked like this at Dayton!  I don't think it matters who the coach is here.

I've been saying on here for years. I think we need Robert Montgomery Knight to bless the fans and program with an appearance in the 'Hall' to cast the demons of bad fortune from this program.

3 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I've been saying on here for years. I think we need Robert Montgomery Knight to bless the fans and program with an appearance in the 'Hall' to cast the demons of bad fortune from this program.

Yeah, so have I. I hate being a weirdo superstition guy, but what the hell else could it be?

Problem is though that it isn't just one loss. It's about the 6th or 7th humiliating loss under AM. That's not good just 3 years in. I'm fine with letting things play out but people aren't wrong for feeling very, very worried. It gets just as old seeing people cast down the pessimists for being pessimistic as it is for the eternal optimists seeing the pessimism. A divided fan base is never good and we should all agree that signifies a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, so have I. I hate being a weirdo superstition guy, but what the hell else could it be?

I’d say a super crappy administration that pretends to want to win yet doesn’t allow its coaches to actually compete at a power 5 level is probably more to blame.

Then again, we just got beat by Wisconsin that doesn’t have a single $ guy on its roster.

Now, that Illinois/Maryland game is another conversation.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’d say a super crappy administration that pretends to want to win yet doesn’t allow its coaches to actually compete at a power 5 level is probably more to blame.

Then again, we just got beat by Wisconsin that doesn’t have a single $ guy on its roster.

Now, that Illinois/Maryland game is another conversation.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You make 2 good points. We can complain about the admin limiting the program but that did not hurt us today.

A loss would have been disappointing but to be down 30 early in the second half? Archie has the year but it is fair to have doubts when blown out by a 4-4 team.