Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

I’ve seen enough of a sample size. He is in his third season. He’s coached 75 games at IU. It is what it is. Does IU accept it is the question.

You are the same fool that complained for most of this year that CTA was a shitty coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s beyond comical. It’s like they forgot we just put it on Florida State, who is arguably the 2nd best ACC team. I’m not gonna get down over a loss to a team that literally owns us at their place over the past 2 decades. Now if we come back and replicate this performance against UConn, then I’ll be concerned but until then, I’m not jumping off a ledge just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We can’t let this loss turn into another loss. We need a good win against a decent UConn then to beat the brakes off Nebrasketball in the Hall.

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

It’s beyond comical. It’s like they forgot we just put it on Florida State, who is arguably the 2nd best ACC team. I’m not gonna get down over a loss to a team that literally owns us at their place over the past 2 decades. Now if we come back and replicate this performance against UConn, then I’ll be concerned but until then, I’m not jumping off a ledge just yet.

It’s not so much that they forgot as it is that they’re just fair weather fans. We probably wouldn’t have even seen them on the board if Notre Dame had been playing today.

It's not so much the loss, as how we lost.  I never have confidence going to Kohl, but I didn't expect to completely crap the bed from the opening tip.  That kind of performance should be unacceptable; that wasn't just losing, that was either pathetic preparation or total lack of effort.

Oh how many times I had hot takes and deleted them. So I should be trashing. I’m not going to. I paid to watch that because y’all convinced me it was possible.. wasnt . Inevitable. Who schedules their first road game in a place we hadn’t won in 20 years? That’s a bold strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We can't blame this on them.  

I agree though. We are a soft team. We hustle for loose balls on the floor. But we aren’t aggressive and physical. We don’t fight. We don’t seem to want to guard or know how. My worst fears about each of our players played out today, at the same time. Brunk is limited athletically. TJD, is still awesome, but offensively limited. Devonte Green is our only guard with takeover ability but he lapses in judgement as much as anyone. Race, idk, I guess he rebounds well. Durham is a solid guard. But he shouldn’t be one of your best players. Smith-who knows. Didn’t see him use his athletic ability today at all.

Watching Wisconsin step up and knock down free throws one after another like it’s a free throw pains me too.

4 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Oh how many times I had hot takes and deleted them. So I should be trashing. I’m not going to. I paid to watch that because y’all convinced me it was possible.. wasnt . Inevitable. Who schedules their first road game in a place we hadn’t won in 20 years? That’s a bold strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's courtesy of the B1G office. Jim Delany's last hurrah. The gift that keeps on giving.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I agree though. We are a soft team. We hustle for loose balls on the floor. But we aren’t aggressive and physical. We don’t fight. We don’t seem to want to guard or know how. My worst fears about each of our players played out today, at the same time. Brunk is limited athletically. TJD, is still awesome, but offensively limited. Devonte Green is our only guard with takeover ability but he lapses in judgement as much as anyone. Race, idk, I guess he rebounds well. Durham is a solid guard. But he shouldn’t be one of your best players. Smith-who knows. Didn’t see him use his athletic ability today at all.

Watching Wisconsin step up and knock down free throws one after another like it’s a free throw pains me too.

Everything you just said is 100% accurate....

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes, there ain't no doubt.  But blaming Davis and Crean for this is silly.