Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

I hate Purdouche but actually like Hummel’s commentary. If anything he almost seems pro-IU.

I think he wants IU to be good so that rivalry gets back to national relevance. I agree though, I think he does a good job on the call. I’d prefer Bill Walton though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

One additional comment. *** you Bardo and *** you Hummel ! Get those clowns off BTN!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I don't have a problem with Hummel.  Bardo seems to have gone the way of hyperbole too much for my taste.  Probably heard enough of people talking about how bland he was.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I know it gets to my head, but the 'see, I told you we weren't that good' when we do poorly isn't something I need in my life.  

Unfortunately some of our “fans” don’t seem content until the have an opportunity to b**** about whoever our current coach is. Sorry guys, but Knight is long gone. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think he wants IU to be good so that rivalry gets back to national relevance. I agree though, I think he does a good job on the call. I’d prefer Bill Walton though.

Ha....Hummel would need to hit roughly 500,000 bongs to turn into Walton.

Some of you all need to pop a xani and down a shot of your favorite bourbon and chill the “f” out! First loss of the season, first road game, in a place we haven’t won in over 20 years and it’s doom it’s all doomed not gonna win another B1G game the rest of the season! Are we going to be ok!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What an embarrassing game. Hope this was a wake up call for the team. Need to bring energy and defense every night. 

This group other than Trayce, Armaan and Brunk have been embarrassed enough that it shouldn’t matter. 

And besides this is on Archie. The players keep changing but not the problems. 

I know it gets to my head, but the 'see, I told you we weren't that good' when we do poorly isn't something I need in my life.  

Don’t let it get to you. Just use the wait and see line that some use when IU actually wins. Wait and see how the season plays out. Wisky playing today could of been that fools gold that some were telling could of been IU. Long season to go and any loss especially one like this one is going to have people upset. In reality for this year it’s just one road conference loss. Teams lay duds all the time on the road in conference. Look ahead to Tuesday

Just now, reconmkd said:

Some of you all need to pop a xani and down a shot of your favorite bourbon and chill the “f” out! First loss of the season, first road game, in a place we haven’t won in over 20 years and it’s doom it’s all doomed not gonna win another B1G game the rest of the season! Are we going to be ok!

Is that perspective? How dare you!? We aren’t even fit for Division II under Miller. Get out of here ya koolaid sippin, sunshine pumping Glass apologist!

With a few of them it doesn’t even take a game to pile on. Negativity ebbs and flows from play to play.

4 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Unfortunately some of our “fans” don’t seem content until the have an opportunity to b**** about whoever our current coach is. Sorry guys, but Knight is long gone. Get over it.

I get your intent but this made me chuckle after reading the IndyStar article about Knight attending an IU game this week and living 3 miles from Assembly. He isn’t dead yet. “Long gone”- only in terms of coaching IU  

It’s beyond comical. It’s like they forgot we just put it on Florida State, who is arguably the 2nd best ACC team. I’m not gonna get down over a loss to a team that literally owns us at their place over the past 2 decades. Now if we come back and replicate this performance against UConn, then I’ll be concerned but until then, I’m not jumping off a ledge just yet.