Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Everyone on here hates losing.  But when there is a strong contingent of people who only seem to post about how much they hate when we are losing and never seem to post that they're happy when we're winning, it might be time for me to re-evalute if I want to bother posting on sports message boards.  I don't need to intentionally surround myself with people who are only negative. 

Lol. You think this is bad? BTB is positive compared to the rest.

Davis saved our butts @ MSU last year with his tough inside play. Sure, he has limitations, but it would be nice to see him play 15-20 min and throw him the ball when he's in there. He is a good offensive post player, which we don't actually have other than him. 

Nah, I’m just not about to have a breakdown over a loss in an arena we haven’t won at in over 20 years. Teams have bad losses. S*** happens. I’m not “pumping sunshine,” I’m just not overreacting. 

Wrong. This is uber embarrassing. You trying to make it not so is embarrassing, too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The difference of the fan that thinks Indiana should be a blue blood again and those that accept we aren’t. It’s that simple.

The ones that think we should be search for signs ‘we are back’.

The ones that accept we aren’t, don’t give a F what the results are and how many tournaments and recruitments we lose.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Here’s the reality of today’s college basketball. You have to have a really good coach or you need to be dirty. I think Archie is solid and we can be good with him but not great. The program doesn’t want to play too far in the grey area either. That leaves Indiana wanting more but getting less.

This program needs a gut check. It’ll be interesting to see what this team does next week at a semi neutral site in NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Adillac said:

Davis saved our butts @ MSU last year with his tough inside play. Sure, he has limitations, but it would be nice to see him play 15-20 min and throw him the ball when he's in there. He is a good offensive post player, which we don't actually have other than him. 

We'll just have to agree too disagree.  I also don't think he is physically capable to playing 15-20 minutes.

9 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Would you rather have a home loss to Evansville or Stephen F Austin or a road loss to Wisconsin. Teams are gonna have bad nights as evidenced. Chill out dude, so insufferable. My brother-in-law was just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and he has a more positive attitude than you. There are worse things in life than losing on the road to a .500 Wisconsin team....trust me.

Duke and Kentucky don’t have a long history of those losses. This is just yet another embarrassing loss 

Would you rather have a home loss to Evansville or Stephen F Austin or a road loss to Wisconsin. Teams are gonna have bad nights as evidenced. Chill out dude, so insufferable. My brother-in-law was just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and he has a more positive attitude than you. There are worse things in life than losing on the road to a .500 Wisconsin team....trust me. 

Prayers for your brother in law and all your family!

Everyone on here hates losing.  But when there is a strong contingent of people who only seem to post about how much they hate when we are losing and never seem to post that they're happy when we're winning, it might be time for me to re-evalute if I want to bother posting on sports message boards.  I don't need to intentionally surround myself with people who are only negative. 

If it matters at all, I appreciate your posts And find them very insightful

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

When we're losing, that contingent is more vocal.  When we're winning, that contingent is.  Don't let it get to your head.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

We'll just have to agree too disagree.  I also don't think he is physically capable to playing 15-20 minutes.

I agree. Not sure if it is his serious injury, not being in top shape, or a combination of both, but these days he is more like a 8-12 minute guy. There will be a couple of games when he will thrive but no way he gets a consistent 15-20.