Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Ok I will never understand how we could travel to a venue we haven’t won in for a very long time and play the most disengaged and unmotivated basketball I have seen. Where is tube competitiveness? Where is the hustle? Does this team not have an ounce of pride? Just disappointed with this effort.  

Emotional letdown after the big win the other night?

Kids taken aback by the atmosphere after 8 straight games in their cozy home court? 

Generation Z mindset that this is just another game and it's not really that important? 

Who knows. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've started to come to grips with the fact that this is just what we are now. I know people will say that's unacceptable, we should demand more, etc., but I honestly think this is just what we are. Things change, nothing lasts forever, and our basketball program isn't immune to that. We can long for the days of motion offense, hard-nosed defense, and having a sense of pride knowing that we have a team that's tough and will play well anywhere, but those days are over and I don't think we'll ever get them back. 

I’m getting there. Reality sucks

1 minute ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Dear lord! This is bad but some of you are acting like one game a season makes. First away game against a team we haven’t beaten there in 20 years. Yes it’s a very bad showing but get a damn grip. I’m not happy about it but I’m not going to delude myself into thinking this is our season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is not the team that we have lost to for 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Dear lord! This is bad but some of you are acting like one game a season makes. First away game against a team we haven’t beaten there in 20 years. Yes it’s a very bad showing but get a damn grip. I’m not happy about it but I’m not going to delude myself into thinking this is our season.

They're down 20 points at halftime to a really bad Wisconsin team. The problems we've seen today are the same problems we saw in the previous two seasons. At a certain point you have to wonder if this is just how things are now. 

Question: Do we now prefer to continue to get embarrassed so that the players get the hint? Or do we want to show signs of life and lose by day, 10 or less? Honestly the latter would be even more frustrating for me.

3 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Games like these are why I want us playing two road games each year from a rotation of Ball State, Valpo, Evansville, IUPUwherever, and Indiana State. Set something up where we get 50% of gate revenue or something, but road games are a mental hurdle more than anything and it’s a good idea to get our team eased into them each year in a pro-Hoosier road environment.