Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

47 points to a team that might not crack 35 again in a half this year. I really do like Archie but his inability to see that Brunk is not starting material and bringing Green off the bench is alarming. Our D is like a puppy chasing it’s tail when teams move the ball. Takes way too long to call TOs and stop runs. It’s deflating 

I can’t help myself of this being the sign of things to come.

Honest question, Archie misses tourney again? How do we explain that.

I’m having catastrophic thoughts, and I can’t help it.

PISSED, and I honestly knew we weren’t great this year. Was just hoping some magical switch would be flipped.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

PISSED, and I honestly knew we weren’t great this year. Was just hoping some magical switch would be flipped.

if we don’t make the tournament this year, I won’t be on the Archie train anymore. Results on the court trump anything else. This team is easily a tournament team and if they miss, it’s bc the staff is inept. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. 

Not surprised. Score maybe, results no. Figured this as a loss when the schedule came out, but after FSU game had positive vibe. We know how it is winning on the road in the Big especially at the Kohl Center. Our kryptonite. All is not lost. First game on the road for this group. Hopefully it gets better, starting with the 2nd half of this game. I am laughing though at all of the doom and gloom after this bad half. Some of you are ridiculous lol.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If the predictions of most of us is to be 20-10, we gotta lose the 10 somewhere. I just hope this is a lesson learned as compared to last year when it became the norm.

Ok I will never understand how we could travel to a venue we haven’t won in for a very long time and play the most disengaged and unmotivated basketball I have seen. Where is the competitiveness? Where is the hustle? Does this team not have an ounce of pride? Just disappointed with this effort.  

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I've started to come to grips with the fact that this is just what we are now. I know people will say that's unacceptable, we should demand more, etc., but I honestly think this is just what we are. Things change, nothing lasts forever, and our basketball program isn't immune to that. We can long for the days of motion offense, hard-nosed defense, and having a sense of pride knowing that we have a team that's tough and will play well anywhere, but those days are over and I don't think we'll ever get them back. 

Dear lord! This is bad but some of you are acting like one game a season makes. First away game against a team we haven’t beaten there in 20 years. Yes it’s a very bad showing but get a damn grip. I’m not happy about it but I’m not going to delude myself into thinking this is our season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners