Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

We don't have a Wisky game thread started and I don't want to jinx us by being the one to start it but there is this today from Archie on Rob's status.  

Archie Miller says he's nursing a "singular" injury right now, which is the ankle he tweaked pre-FSU. Doubtful for Wisconsin. Hope is he gets back to practicing more and can play later in December. Day-to-day and could be closer to playing later next week.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We don't have a Wisky game thread started and I don't want to jinx us by being the one to start it but there is this today from Archie on Rob's status.  

Archie Miller says he's nursing a "singular" injury right now, which is the ankle he tweaked pre-FSU. Doubtful for Wisconsin. Hope is he gets back to practicing more and can play later in December. Day-to-day and could be closer to playing later next week.

Just glad its not a c word.

The optimist in me feels good about this game, however recent playing history up there weighs too heavily on my mind.

We are more talented than UW this year, plus have a lot more momentum right now, but I get the feeling this will be business as usual at the Kohl Center.  We'll play down to their level, Davison/Trice will hit a bunch of 3s, the crowd will be very into it, and the referees can't help but play to the crowd.  This is just the game Wisconsin needs to get back on track.

I've seen this movie before.

On the surface, Wisconsin has lost to St. Mary’s, NC State, Richmond, and New Mexico and it shouldn’t matter where in the hell this game is.

Below the surface, we haven’t won there since 1998...

I’m going with the shouldn’t matter approach. Hoosiers by 15.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can’t watch the game due to a work event with the city, but I will be very curious to see the amount of charges are called?! Wisconsin are the king of flopping, and the refs always buy into it regardless of how terrible it is.

I have faith in this team, but also know that this is the first game away from Assembly Hall so anything can happen. Expecting a win, but won’t be surprised by a close loss.

Fingers crossed they don’t go crazy from 3 since they’ve been struggling there this year.

I’ll be there. I’ll try to give some BTS info if I come across anything good. Riding the high from the FSU game, I’m more confident than I normally would be. The Badgers haven’t found any rhythm on the offensive end of the court thus far and have lost 4 games in the still young season. All on the road. This ain’t that. This is a different team when at home.
#1 Don’t turn it over. They will punish it with the 3.
#2. The 3 isn’t just a part of their offense, it is their offense. They go as it goes. Do not sag off of Trice or Davidson. Don’t.
#3 Better hit from the line when the opportunity presents itself, because Wisconsin surely will, and our chances are generally limited.
#4. Defensive rebounding is an absolute must win. Ball control offenses grind the clock down as is. Turnovers and offensive rebounds exacerbate the possession problem.
#5 Most important. Don’t start slow and don’t use up the clock with one dude dribbling. Inevitably we will be forced to their pace in a low scoring game. Everyone is, even now. If we come out sluggish or intimidated by the road environment and get behind more than 8-10, its daunting. There simply aren’t enough possessions.

*Wisconsin can be forced into turnovers
*Indiana can win the rebound battle
* Wisconsin will shoot upwards of 25 3’s
* Reuvers can hit from 3 rather well. This is a problem
*Indiana is deeper at every position
* Wisconsin defense is more susceptible to dribble penetration than they ever have been. Still going to pack the paint though. I would.
* Crowd may not be a huge factor. Big football game for them later that evening.

To add to #2 don’t leave Pritzl as well. When they beat Marquette he had a solid game with 3 made 3’s. 15 pt and 13Rbs that game. King will probably hit a bunch he shouldn’t hit also

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Can’t watch the game due to a work event with the city, but I will be very curious to see the amount of charges are called?! Wisconsin are the king of flopping, and the refs always buy into it regardless of how terrible it is.

I have faith in this team, but also know that this is the first game away from Assembly Hall so anything can happen. Expecting a win, but won’t be surprised by a close loss.

Fingers crossed they don’t go crazy from 3 since they’ve been struggling there this year.

I can't watch either. I have one of my family Christmas parties. I will be recording it, so I will stay away from all SM until after the game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been harder on Brunk than probably anyone else on here but, man, he’s just huge today. I think Archie goes to him early and if Reuvers can’t handle him alone  and Gard has to run doubles at him, I assume off of Franklin, it’s going to open up driving lanes and TJD and Smith have a chance to play volleyball on the offensive glass. And if he can root Reuvers off the block, and Reuvers isn’t a very physical kid, and can handle him alone, then our other defenders can play tight on the perimeter and then I’m not really sure where Wisconsin’s scoring comes from. Despite the history, I really like this matchup a lot for IU. I just wish this wasn’t the first road game.