Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Miami - 12/4/19 @ 6:00 ET

And Yeaney hasn’t played a second. This team is deep and good!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know it’s early in the season but this team has all the tools for a Final 4 run this year. As long as the play doesn’t decline in B1G play, this non-conference schedule is going to have us in range for a 2-3 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That was an ugly game in some ways with neither team able to hit shots but IU did a nice job defending and stayed in control. This was actually the first game I got to watch this year and am impressed.

I am not sure this team makes a Final Four run but they do need a really big year in the next year or two to get everyone on board fully. Eventually IU may level off as a tourney team and that is fine given the historical place of this program but you need one big year like baseball had in 2013 to really get on the map and stay there. That might be a Big Ten Championship and a Sweet 16/Elite 8 but I'd like to see IU break through to something special they have never done in next couple years given they have five 5* recruits on team now (Penn, Berger, Patberg, Allen, Holmes) and it shows.  

3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

These last few weeks have been great exposure for the Ladies program!  Hopefully they can ride this wave with recruits as well. Would be nice if this season is the norm not the exception. 

I doubt this is the norm but I do expect a Big season this year or next with a Big Ten title and an Elite 8/Final Four run. After that we may settle in as no. 2-4 Big Ten Team who makes tourney every year much like an Iowa which is fine. This is exactly what has happened to both Butler Basketball and IU baseball. Very rarely do have nots go to instant powers for more then a year or two but its quite possible to go from have not to really solid.

I would love this to be the norm but don't be surprised if it becomes more like IU Baseball where we have 1-2 really big years then settle in as a really solid tourney team after that on a yearly basis.      

Indiana redshirt junior guard was named to the initial 35 player watch list for the 2019-20 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award watch list announced by the U.S. Basketball Writers' Association on Thursday.

Members of the association's board of directors chose the players to be included on the list as contenders for the National Player of the Year. The 2019-20 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award winner will be presented at the 2020 NCAA Women's Final Four in New Orleans, along with the Tamika Catchings Award honoring the women's freshman player of the year. The winner will also be honored at the annual USBWA Awards Luncheon at the Missouri Athletic Club in St. Louis on Mon., April 13, 2020.

Patberg has helped No. 14/16 Indiana to a 7-1 start including wins over top-25 opponents No. 5 South Carolina and No. 21 Miami. She is averaging 12.4 points per game this season and a Big Ten leading 5.5 assists per game along with 5.5 rebounds per game. The Columbus, Ind. native has scored in double figures four times over the course of the season and has dished out multiple assists in seven of eight games. In addition to the Ann Meyers Drysdale Award, Patberg is on the Nancy Lieberman award watch list, Wooden Award watch list, Naismith Trophy watch list and was an All-Big Ten preseason honoree.

The Hoosier are back at home on Saturday night when they host North Florida. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. ET.

2019-20 ANN MEYERS DRYSDALE AWARD WATCH LIST
G/F Bella Alarie, Princeton (6-4, Sr., Bethesda, Md.)
F Aliyah Boston, South Carolina (6-5, Fr., St. Thomas, USVI)
G Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M (5-7, Jr., Mansfield, Texas)
G Kaila Charles, Maryland (6-1, Sr., Glenn Dale, Md.)
F Lauren Cox, Baylor (6-4, Sr., Flower Mound, Texas)
G Crystal Dangerfield, UConn (5-5, Sr., Murfreesboro, Tenn.)
F Mariella Fasoula, Vanderbilt (6-5, R-Sr., Athens, Greece)
G Haley Gorecki, Duke (6-0, Gr., Palatine, Ill.)
G Tyasha Harris, South Carolina (5-10, Sr., Noblesville, Ind.)
F Ruthie Hebard, Oregon (6-4, Sr., Fairbanks, Alaska)
F Joyner Holmes, Texas (6-3, Sr., Cedar Hill, Texas)
G Rhyne Howard, Kentucky (6-2, So., Cleveland, Tenn.)
G Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon (5-11, Sr., Walnut Creek, Calif.)
G Stella Johnson, Rider (5-10, Sr., Denville, N.J.)
G Tynice Martin, West Virginia (5-11, R-Sr., Atlanta, Ga.)
G Taylor Mikesell, Maryland (5-11, So., Massillon, Ohio)
G Aari McDonald, Arizona (5-6, Jr., Fresno, Calif.)
F Beatrice Mompremier, Miami (6-4, R-Sr, Miami, Fla.)
F Olivia Nelson-Ododa, UConn (6-5, So., Winder, Ga.)
F Leona Odum, Duke (6-2, Sr., Lompoc, Calif.)
G Erica Ogwumike, Rice (5-9, Sr., Cypress, Texas)
F Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA (6-0, Jr., Aurora, Colo.)
G Ali Patberg, Indiana (5-11, R-Jr., Columbus, Ind.)
G/F Destiny Pitts, Minnesota (5-10, Jr., Detroit, Mich.)
G Mikayla Pivec, Oregon State (5-10, Sr., Lynnwood, Wash.)
F Satou Sabally, Oregon (6-4, Jr., Berlin, Germany)
F Shadeen Samuels, Seton Hall (6-0, Sr., Ossining, N.Y.)
G Destiny Slocum, Oregon State (5-7, R-Jr., Meridian, Idaho)
G Kamiah Smalls, James Madison (5-10, Sr., Philadelphia, Pa.)
F Chante Stonewall, DePaul (6-1, Sr., Normal, Ill.)
F Megan Walker, UConn (6-1, Jr., Chesterfield, Va.)
G Chrystyn Williams, UConn (5-11, So., Little Rock, Ark.)
G Kiana Williams, Stanford (5-8, Jr., San Antonio, Texas)
G/F Jocelyn Willoughby, Virginia (6-0, Sr., East Orange, N.J.)
G Kay Kay Wright, UCF (5-7, Sr., Orlando, Fla.)

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Pretty cool seeing Moren build this program so far. She had her haters, that makes it even sweeter. Hope we can continue the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As recently as March of 2018, we had posters saying she should be fired because missing the tournament in Buss's senior season was "unacceptable." 

Glad we let this one play out.