Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Florida St Game Thread 12/3 @ 9 pm ESPN2

Want to see an assistant coach lose his mind when I player isn’t in the right position? Forward the game to right before 8:15 left in the first half and watch Roberts on the bench. Love the fire

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just went back and watched that. Thought he was going to stomp a hole in the sideline

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From the replay it was obvious that Justin quite literally did not touch him.
The replay also shows that the official trailing the play was coming down the sideline with Justin's back shielding him from the offensive player.
I've reffed a fair bit; would that official like to have been coming down the opposite sideline? Yes, but he was the trailer from the other end of the court and was in proper position.  He saw a shielded back of Justin and a driver intersect, and the driver go to the floor. The ref's choice was to whistle what was likely a foul, albeit one he couldn't quite see, or swallow the whistle and very likely get the call wrong.
I promise you that when the crowd went a bit nutty upon seeing the replay, the ref realized that he likely got the non-reversible call wrong. Doesn't happen often, but it happens.
I thought the phantom technical foul on Leonard Hamilton was a million times worse call; that one was a conscious and wrong decision by the ref.

That tech was turrble. Why can’t we have technology officiate games?!

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Want to see an assistant coach lose his mind when I player isn’t in the right position? Forward the game to right before 8:15 left in the first half and watch Roberts on the bench. Love the fire

I was at the game,  behind the basket down on the  IU bench end. In the first half I literally thought Roberts was going to have an aneurism. He was screaming a LOT. Loved how much he was into it but he did calm down in the second half.

On a side note Victor was nearby, although on the sideline rather than behind the bucket (of course). Love the guy but he was on his phone more than a 19 year old sorority girl. I don’t think he saw more than 4 plays (LOL).

If I lived in the Midwest I would love to go to more games. The atmosphere was electric. Can’t beat the Hall when the students are in session and we are playing a decent team.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

We could hear him yelling from the stands and it was not a quiet point in the game. He and Bruiser were yelling in unison. 

Is anyone still laughing about Smith’s “foul” on the layup. How bad was that?!

Maybe it’s good that happened last night. Gets us used to seeing it once before the eventual landslide of phantom calls we will see in Madison.