Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Florida St Game Thread 12/3 @ 9 pm ESPN2

Reading back through this thread was very enjoyable for me. Some of you were ready to throw the season away and get rid of half the roster in the first half

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I rarely post in a game thread because I like concentrating on the game itself. Plus I am a very slow at typing my posts. So by the time I hit send that play i was talking about was a few minutes ago.
I do enjoy going through the thread the next day though. I laugh at all the hot takes when a bad play is made or even a good one. I also laugh at those who only post when something bad happens. They usually have the biggest hot takes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

To be fair, did you honestly feel last years team had chemistry issues and might fall apart right after the Marquette game? I did not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought last year’s roster was a disaster. Our PG was a unheralded freshman and we had no post presence outside of DeRon.

This year, I do still worry about our PG (Franklin alleviating some concerns) but I’m certainly not worried about our interior. This roster is a much better team than last year.

Love this win and love this team! Devonte obviously can’t produce that type of game every night but I seriously think he’s improved in every facet and has bought in for his senior year. TJD is a monster and Smith is another excellent piece. The defense looked terrific last night and Franklin/Durham’s poise when facing the press was impressive.

However, the one thing I’m worried about, and I could very well be wrong and hope to hear your guys’ opinions is that we might be a bit too reliant on the charity stripe. We haven’t played a game away from home yet and I’m afraid we can’t expect to get to the line and maintain this free throw rate on the road. Once again, don’t mean to be a debbie downer at all, the team will be a serious contender for Big Ten title but I’m just interested in the board’s thoughts.

I get what you’re saying, but we aren’t relying on the charity stripe. Our offensive game plan is to take it to the hoop all day long. Even when we don’t get the calls, this can still be a winning plan with TJD and Smith pounding the glass.

Every game is that way. It’s why I can’t do the game thread anymore. People can’t enjoy a game on here anymore. Just a bunch of people that act like we should win every second of every game and if we don’t it’s something to ***** about.

This needs more than a like. To me it's not that people shouldn't be critical of a bad play. It's that they extrapolate to the season is over. Even if it's a few plays in a row. Of course it is also true when people extrapolate a series of great plays into "we are National contenders ".

So just because Smith can’t shoot the 3 means he’s not a wing? Like DeRozan, Wade, Tony Allen or Andre Roberson? All who are wings and can’t shoot the 3. Allen and Roberson are particularly god awful.

Didn't you argue a couple weeks ago that the midrange games was dead?

Hate that I haven't been able to be on here that much this season. Was really proud of the way the team played last night. Few things:

1) My preseason pick of Devonte making All-Big Ten could come true. He is really focused for his senior year. 

2) TJD is a star. I think he will only be at IU for two years. Big time get for Archie. 

3) What an improved Justin Smith. He really worked hard this offseason. 

4) Armaan Franklin really gave IU some good minutes last night. 

5) Even though Al didn't score a lot I thought he played well in other areas. 

Florida State is a really good team. There aren't many teams who have made at least the Sweet 16 the last two years. They are one of them. To do what IU did to them without Rob in awesome.  I hope that this isn't like the Marquette/Louisville wins last year. I have a different feeling about this team. I really do think this is what we have been hearing Archie preach about. 

57 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

The boys on Inside College Basketball were all singing their praises this morning. I don't know about ESPN. I rarely watch Sportscenter.

CBSSports talking highly as well!

I have mentioned the game to every FSU fan I know and even anybody wearing fsu gear.  None of them knew about it.

Then this morning a car with an IU sticker and license plate that said IU 1967 parked next to me.  Turns out he didn't watch the game either, but he did watch us win the bucket.  Sheesh nobody seems to care about basketball down here.

Is anyone still laughing about Smith’s “foul” on the layup. How bad was that?!

That was seriously one of the worst fouls I have seen. I have never seen a player have that much space and get a call. That ref needs to apologize to Archie for anticipating a foul.