Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Florida St Game Thread 12/3 @ 9 pm ESPN2

You are impossible. You know when BGleas explained that to you he has legit worked in front the Celtics front office right? Well, I won’t complain about Justin. He is doing exactly what I said he would have to do to be successful. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So just because Smith can’t shoot the 3 means he’s not a wing? Like DeRozan, Wade, Tony Allen or Andre Roberson? All who are wings and can’t shoot the 3. Allen and Roberson are particularly god awful.

So just because Smith can’t shoot the 3 means he’s not a wing? Like DeRozan, Wade, Tony Allen or Andre Roberson? All who are wings and can’t shoot the 3. Allen and Roberson are particularly god awful.

Oh but I thought working on that midrange was stupid. Now it’s his game? Oh. Ok. Pretty sure I heard that somewhere.... Pretty sure I was told that was dumb cause he had to get that 3 pt percentage up. Thanks for the life advice Joe. Guess I won’t listen to you.

Every game is that way. It’s why I can’t do the game thread anymore. People can’t enjoy a game on here anymore. Just a bunch of people that act like we should win every second of every game and if we don’t it’s something to ***** about.

I was pretty happy with Smith’s handles in this game. He’s never going to be the primary ball handler but having a third, or fourth, option to bring the ball up against pressure is nice. If plays with consistent effort and focus while continuing to expand his game he’ll have a monster senior year.

Happy to see Smith and Green have good starts to the year. That goes a long way for this team and being able to show future recruits what they could become. I’m totally happy with a team led by upperclassmen, a stud frosh or two, and younger role players. That’s an excellent recipe to getting old and experienced and staying old and experienced.

I was pretty happy with Smith’s handles in this game. He’s never going to be the primary ball handler but having a third, or fourth, option to bring the ball up against pressure is nice. If plays with consistent effort and focus while continuing to expand his game he’ll have a monster senior year.

Happy to see Smith and Green have good starts to the year. That goes a long way for this team and being able to show future recruits what they could become. I’m totally happy with a team led by upperclassmen, a stud frosh or two, and younger role players. That’s an excellent recipe to getting old and experienced and staying old and experienced.

Yeah I am ecstatic about Smith. After last year the light switch has come on and he plays so much harder. If he can maintain that level of intensity all year the sky is the limit for this team. I was shocked to see him walk the ball up against FSU that one time. That shows the level of trust Archie has with him. Good on him to put in the work and get rewarded the way he has.

Oh but I thought working on that midrange was stupid. Now it’s his game? Oh. Ok. Pretty sure I heard that somewhere.... Pretty sure I was told that was dumb cause he had to get that 3 pt percentage up. Thanks for the life advice Joe. Guess I won’t listen to you.

When he goes to the NBA they’ll expect him to get better from 3. But for him he’ll be shooting in the paint and playing defense. That’s what they’ll want. He will also be playing more small ball 4.

Yeah I am ecstatic about Smith. After last year the light switch has come on and he plays so much harder. If he can maintain that level of intensity all year the sky is the limit for this team. I was shocked to see him walk the ball up against FSU that one time. That shows the level of trust Archie has with him. Good on him to put in the work and get rewarded the way he has.

I think a combination of other players being able to step up and Smith maturing has allowed him to be a bit more patient. He doesn’t seem to have the “I’m gonna get mine from a skill set I don’t have” mentality that he had last season. Green has the Green light, Jackson-Davis can get his from offensive rebounds and dump offs, and Smith seems to be able to get his when they focus on the others. We needs Phin back so we have another option between Al and Phin on most nights. We finally have depth!

I like this team with no stars approach. This can certainly work and has at Wisconsin, PU, Butler, Michigan and several others.

The question is going to be long term if getting lower ranked 3-4 star players and developing them as a tough minded defense first team is something Archie can make work for an extended period of time like at the above schools. If it is I am all on board.

I think a combination of other players being able to step up and Smith maturing has allowed him to be a bit more patient. He doesn’t seem to have the “I’m gonna get mine from a skill set I don’t have” mentality that he had last season. Green has the Green light, Jackson-Davis can get his from offensive rebounds and dump offs, and Smith seems to be able to get his when they focus on the others. We needs Phin back so we have another option between Al and Phin on most nights. We finally have depth!

The depth is really nice. My feeling is that we’re going to have surprise leading scorers here and there throughout the year. Green went off last night and appears to be the best pure scorer, however we’ve had big games from TJD, Durham, and Smith. When Rob gets back he is capable of 18-22 point nights on occasion. Anderson has scored 14 in a game this year and I think Franklin and Brunk can do the same sprinkled in. Makes it difficult on defenses when they can’t just concentrate on containing one or two scorers while daring the others to beat them, because I think this year they can. So refreshing.

10 hours ago, cleeter said:

Dear Santa,

Can Devonte play like this all year.

Sincerely,
IU fans everywhere

Dear IU Fans everywhere,

I can't control the results, however I know the young man, and I promise if he DOESN'T play that way the remainder of the season, it won't be for a lack of effort in TRYING to play that way.

Much love, be good, and leave bourbon instead of cookies.

Santa

Just now, Old Friend said:

Dear IU Fans everywhere,

I can't control the results, however I know the young man, and I promise if he DOESN'T play that way the remainder of the season, it won't be for a lack of effort in TRYING to play that way.

Much love, be good, and leave bourbon instead of cookies.

Santa

Wait a second OldFriend...YOU'RE SANTA?!?

The game against purdoodoo they just seemed to hang around. They didn’t have any crazy 8-0 spurts in a handful of possessions but they were solid. I believe both of them had long droughts.

I like our chances if we stay focused on defense. Is this the noncon game that we just go absolutely bonkers and get a large lead early?!

Wasn’t exactly going bonkers early but Green eventually got it going and pushed the lead out never to look back. Glad we have this one in the won column.

I read somewhere we had three runs in the low teens to 1 or 2 points. That’ll frustrate any opponent. Clean up the silly/lazy passes that led to TOs and missed FTs and we should compete every night. It’s nice to have a team that gets to the line at a high rate. (We could have probably gotten more FTA too)

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And I was called stupid basically for saying Smith was a wing... lol. He’s looked great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Depends on when you said it! Last year he definitely wasn't- this year, definitely is.

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wait a second OldFriend...YOU'RE SANTA?!?

Er..uh...um....er...  um....  Yye.....I mean....NO, Billy!  I am one of Santa's helpers!!  Now go back to sleep and let me have that camera.  Where's your mother?