Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Florida St Game Thread 12/3 @ 9 pm ESPN2

I’ll need to watch it again, but I would say Green’s only mistakes were him trying to facilitate other players into the offense. He single handling kept us from going under when it got tight in the 2nd half. Green, Smith and Davis all get A+ in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Wasn't there rumored to be friction between Smith and Romeo Langford last year? I wonder if Smith has benefitted from Langford's departure. 

I think Smith and Langford actually dispelled that in a twitter feed.  Laughed about the rumors that were out there.

1. Thank God for Devonte tonight. It’s a big L without him.

2. TJD great again.

3. We still need more shot makers.

4. FTs stunk.

5. Excellent hustle.

6. Great chemistry

7. 3 point defense needs work.

8. Oladipo courtside was awesome.

9. We were always going to win this game. Home against FSU. This isn’t Duke. They are a solid team, but we should beat any team not named Duke at Indiana. Glad we did.

10. Winning at Wisconsin will be a tougher game, even with them down. They will get calls. We won’t. Our offense depends on getting FTs. We will lose a lot of road games this year imo.

Great night to be a Hoosier!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I was really impressed with Anderson’s defense. He was all over FSU’s wings when they went to spin. I can’t count the number of times he stopped them cold. Great effort and huge shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Definitely the best 'D' I've seen from him.  Last year he was like a bull in a china shop, but seems to be playing much more under control.  When his shot starts falling reliably, he'll be powerful weapon.

20 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You didn't read this board all summer?   The kid can play.  He has ability to do even more than he's showing because his role is what it is right now.  He's going to be terrific....

The kids already a good defensive player and seems to handle pressure very well for a freshman.Has  better handles than Al already.

Add in the fact he gets to the rim and finishes well,with a little work on the shooting we're looking at a star.

I love the kid.

5 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

The kids already a good defensive player and seems to handle pressure very well for a freshman.Has  better handles than Al already.

Add in the fact he gets to the rim and finishes well,with a little work on the shooting we're looking at a star.

I love the kid.

I promise I won't gloat.  =)

He's going to be fantastic.  So will Phinisee if he can figure out how to stay healthy!

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

“A lot of people have been saying we’ve been facing little teams,” Jackson-Davis said after the game. “How are they gonna do against the big dogs? Well, you witnessed it. I’d say we’ve just got to do our thing.”

Enjoy the kid. I am not sure he is here two years at this rate.

Will depend entirely on if teams are willing to draft without seeing more range on his shots. 

Need a big bad. Gonna need a grad transfer bad 

“A lot of people have been saying we’ve been facing little teams,” Jackson-Davis said after the game. “How are they gonna do against the big dogs? Well, you witnessed it. I’d say we’ve just got to do our thing.”

Enjoy the kid. I am not sure he is here two years at this rate.

His brother was tweeting yesterday about how he’s not in any mock drafts yet and basically they are sleeping on him. It’s being watched and considered.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My biggest worry considering recruiting and our team makeup. We need him for another year REALLY bad.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If we're stuck with Brunk and Thompson as our bigs we'll be absolutely screwed. It's tough because TJD is clearly very good but he's not overly skilled and is a little undersized as a 5. Also almost a year older than most freshmen which can hurt him if he stays multiple years. We'll see. Archie really needs to land a PG and a legit Center regardless.