Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Florida St Game Thread 12/3 @ 9 pm ESPN2

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Al and Green have to come to play tonight. TJD and Smith will need help. Wouldn’t be surprised if either had a bad game with FSU’s size.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wouldn't be surprised if FSU had a bad game because of IU's size :)

9 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Nooooooo... not you, Hoosier Guy! We need your unbridled optimism to counter balance gradman's black hole of negativity!!

Hey, gradman found the holiday spirit and is determined to ride it at least until January!  Perhaps they flipped?  Every action had an equal but opposite reaction!

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Sadly, neither am I, and expect IU to get torched. They just don't seem ready for their close up yet. 

Am I the only homer on here feeling like they're going to win big tonight? I've seen FSU play exactly 0 minutes of basketball, but I've got old Hoosier Guy level confidence in this team in the Hall against a tired Seminole squad.

First opportunity for a Quad 1 win for this team. Next couple will be more opportunities for quad 1 or 2 wins with a Nebraska game in between. Which ever way this goes it’s still just 1 game. As we saw last year gaining Quad 1 wins early doesn’t always guarantee success. And other teams showed losing Quad 1 games early didn’t guarantee failure.

I’ve seen FSU play about 6 times this year. He plays 10-12 guys comfortably. They are prone to turn the ball over just as much as they are prone to turn whoever they are playing over. They are not a great shooting team but they play hard and force the action. Should be a great test for IU.

First opportunity for a Quad 1 win for this team. Next couple will be more opportunities for quad 1 or 2 wins with a Nebraska game in between. Which ever way this goes it’s still just 1 game. As we saw last year gaining Quad 1 wins early doesn’t always guarantee success. And other teams showed losing Quad 1 games early didn’t guarantee failure.

I’ve seen FSU play about 6 times this year. He plays 10-12 guys comfortably. They are prone to turn the ball over just as much as they are prone to turn whoever they are playing over. They are not a great shooting team but they play hard and force the action. Should be a great test for IU.

The game against purdoodoo they just seemed to hang around. They didn’t have any crazy 8-0 spurts in a handful of possessions but they were solid. I believe both of them had long droughts.

I like our chances if we stay focused on defense. Is this the noncon game that we just go absolutely bonkers and get a large lead early?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The game against purdoodoo they just seemed to hang around. They didn’t have any crazy 8-0 spurts in a handful of possessions but they were solid. I believe both of them had long droughts.

I like our chances if we stay focused on defense. Is this the noncon game that we just go absolutely bonkers and get a large lead early?!

Western Carolina was up 17 on them at Florida St earlier in the year. Western ended up being up 7 at half. Game was close to the end and they were lucky to beat western that night. Excited to see how IU responds playing better competition

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Some great insight from Sam Story on tonight's game. 

tldr - if we score more points, we win!

Sounds like something the late, great Tony Hinkle would say.