Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

Probably not a bad idea to change the title of this thread since it's no longer a projection but has become more of a pre-game thread.

Blake Toppmeyer @btoppmeyer

Gator Bowl CEO expects a sellout for Vols-Indiana. Says early ticket sales have been ‘unbelievable.’   [Toppmeyer is Tennessee football beat writer for the Knoxville News Sentinel and USA Today Network]

Mike Schumann @ The Daily Hoosier

This would be an amazing accomplishment considering how Gator Bowl attendance has fallen off a cliff over the last 10 years. From 84K in 2010 to 38K in 2018.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:56 PM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You mean the people who pay for the shiny new toys we’re all clamoring for?

No, the one's paying for those get their names on buildings and rightfully so.  I'm talking about the ones who get all the courtside seats and are allowed to "bypass" the points system in place...the parasites as we like to call them

Flight, hotel and tickets booked! Considering the "Land only" package I posted about earlier has now increased by $135/person, I'll have saved about $1000 total per person booking on my own, though we don't get all those fancy extras like a lanyard. One thing I am interested in is the Big Red Warm up event the day of the game. Tickets for this are $75 per person. Does anybody know details about this event? Does the $75 include food and drinks of some sort? I sure hope so. 

EDIT: Emailed the ticket office and they tell me the Big Red warmup ticket includes unlimited food, beer and wine and includes a water taxi over to the field if anyone is interested. We'll be looking for an IU crowd anyway. I think $75 is probably worth it. 

Edited by NashvilleHoosier

Just saw that Yacht Rock Revue is playing the pre-game concert @ Daily’s Place Amphitheater!  That's a nice Indiana touch- they were founded in Indy.  Great band, lots of fun! (and, one of the founders (Nick Niespodziani) mom used to give me piano lessons lol)

Who is going to call the plays? DeBoer to Fresno is going to be announced later today. 

There are a few on here that could do it with ease! We might score two touchdowns on every play!

In all seriousness, who is next on the totem pole? Will Hart get a chance to show what he has to offer?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Does anybody know how ticket sales are going specifically for IU fans? I keep hearing that UT fans are doing more than their part, though it could easily be their over-inflated sense of where their program stands talking.  I fully expect we will be outnumbered, but it would be a huge bummer if we don’t show well. I know ticket sales overall seem to be strong. I just really hope it’s not 75% orange.

Edited by NashvilleHoosier

10 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Does anybody know how ticket sales are going specifically for IU fans? I keep hearing that UT fans are doing more than their part, though it could easily be their over-inflated sense of where their program stands talking.  I fully expect we will be outnumbered, but it would be a huge bummer if we don’t show well. 

Weve darn near been outnumbered in our own stadium against traditional football schools. I guess it depends what you call show well. Its not  bad drive from Knoxville so Id expect UT to have a huge advantage.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Weve darn near been outnumbered in our own stadium against traditional football schools. I guess it depends what you call show well. Its not  bad drive from Knoxville so Id expect UT to have a huge advantage.

Right, but this isn’t your typical IU team playing in a typical IU game. I’m a perfect example here where I went to exactly 2 football games during my 4.5 years as a student and I’ve been to exactly 3 in the 15 years since I graduated. But there was no way I was going to miss an 8 win team playing in the gator bowl. I don’t know where exactly to draw the line at “showing well”. But they (the bowl people) say they expect a sellout. If that’s about 65K, it would be amazing if we had 25K of that. If we had 15K or less, it will feel pretty lopsided. Even though in many bowl games 15k would be great.

49 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Right, but this isn’t your typical IU team playing in a typical IU game. I’m a perfect example here where I went to exactly 2 football games during my 4.5 years as a student and I’ve been to exactly 3 in the 15 years since I graduated. But there was no way I was going to miss an 8 win team playing in the gator bowl. I don’t know where exactly to draw the line at “showing well”. But they (the bowl people) say they expect a sellout. If that’s about 65K, it would be amazing if we had 25K of that. If we had 15K or less, it will feel pretty lopsided. Even though in many bowl games 15k would be great.

Im guessing 20-25k. If you are going report back with your estimates.

edit- That might be optimistic