Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

IU will get to see that SEC speed up close. Let’s hope they don’t get run out of the stadium. 

Handled KJ Hamler decently well and I’m sure every Tennessee coach would get on their knees to have him and some other Big Ten speed lined up wide.

We’re literally going to be favorites, I’m hoping more so we run them out of the stadium than us not getting run out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anybody know if the Ticket Office plans on offering ticket/hotel packages? Not sure if that's a thing for bowl games. But as soon as it was announced I jumped on every site I could think of to check hotel availability there was virtually zero decent (and by decent, I mean close proximity to stadium/downtown) options at all. Not even like super expensive options. Just none. I'm hoping there's a slim chance that each school somehow got an allotment of hotel rooms to offer as part of a package. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm so glad the rumors I heard was wrong and we are going to Florida instead of New York. 

We were headed to New York if a Big Ten team was not in the Cotton Bowl. Since there was a Big Ten team in Cotton Bowl we moved up a slot in pecking order to Gator. Don't think you heard wrong as much as we got really lucky with how things played out in New Years Six. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm so glad the rumors I heard was wrong and we are going to Florida instead of New York. 

Yeah, putting aside the fun that a UK game would have been, this really feels like the absolute best situation an IU fan could have hoped for. Love it.

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Anybody know if the Ticket Office plans on offering ticket/hotel packages? Not sure if that's a thing for bowl games. But as soon as it was announced I jumped on every site I could think of to check hotel availability there was virtually zero decent (and by decent, I mean close proximity to stadium/downtown) options at all. Not even like super expensive options. Just none. I'm hoping there's a slim chance that each school somehow got an allotment of hotel rooms to offer as part of a package. 

Already booked my Airbnb 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Already booked my Airbnb 

Yeah....not trying to derail anything, or start an unnecessary conversation, but I have very strong opinions about STRs for very good reasons that will prevent me from ever booking one outside of very specific and defined parameters. This scenario doesn't yet meet those requirements. 

Aside from that, flight options have gone from really bad to nearly non-existent from Nashville as well. 

Another aside, I'm pretty pumped that Music City bowl is an exclusive tie in for the Big Ten the next 6 years. They'll have the 3rd pick of BT teams after those included in the playoff and NY6. Surely we'll land here at least once. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

For someone who lives in Knoxville, this is a dream come true. Their season started by losing to Georgia State and it was comical. If it ends with them losing to Indiana, Knoxville may burn to the ground. 

Maybe put your house on the market now...

7 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

As soon as Fred Glass get's all his Attorney friends squared away, he'll let us know what is left for us commoners

Try www.iusportstours.com

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, jbell833 said:

Try www.iusportstours.com

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ah, thank you! Had no idea this existed. It's exactly what I'm looking for but......holy what the hell? $1100 per person for double occupancy hotel room and a ticket? Yikes! Back to the drawing board. Again, I do appreciate the recommendation though. 

55 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Ah, thank you! Had no idea this existed. It's exactly what I'm looking for but......holy what the hell? $1100 per person for double occupancy hotel room and a ticket? Yikes! Back to the drawing board. Again, I do appreciate the recommendation though. 

What did the $1,100 include?

Ticketmaster has seats on the 10 yard line for $83...so call it a $100 with fees.

Plenty  of $150 per night rooms within a $10 dollar Uber ride.

Two nights hotel and two tickets and Uber would be $520.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

What did the $1,100 include?

Ticketmaster has seats on the 10 yard line for $83...so call it a $100 with fees.

Plenty  of $150 per night rooms within a $10 dollar Uber ride.

Two nights hotel and two tickets and Uber would be $520.

https://iusportstours.com/packages/two-night-land-only-gator/?back_to=413

A bunch of extras that I don't really care about. But 2 nights at the Hyatt downtown which would be convenient. Club level ticket to the game, which I'm not really concerned about club level. And in my research I've found all same options as you list so this package is just not worth it. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

https://iusportstours.com/packages/two-night-land-only-gator/?back_to=413

A bunch of extras that I don't really care about. But 2 nights at the Hyatt downtown which would be convenient. Club level ticket to the game, which I'm not really concerned about club level. And in my research I've found all same options as you list so this package is just not worth it. 

Seems like it's a good deal for the hob-knobbin' crowd. I just want to watch the game. I too thought that package was way overpriced.