Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I thought the bowls chose the teams 

Apparently when your SEC and Tenn you can lobby way into bowl. No different from match-up perspective but SEC is corrupt. Its actually UK getting sscrwed because of it more than us.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I thought the bowls chose the teams 

Conference office/bowls kind of work together and negotiate. Throughout the season teams can make their case directly to the bowl. 

Sounds to me Gator wanted this match-up weeks ago so Tennessee requested switch to SEC and got it. Very similar team from opponent perspective (FPI has us as a 4 pt favorite vs. 5) but lose the pizzazz of the rivalry. Still exciting.  

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Sounds to me Gator wanted this match-up weeks ago so Tennessee requested switch to SEC and got it. Very similar team from opponent perspective (FPI has us as a 4 pt favorite vs. 5) but lose the pizzazz of the rivalry. Still exciting.  

For recruiting a win might look better. Since Tennessee has more recognition for football 

For recruiting a win might look better. Since Tennessee has more recognition for football 

That’s what I was arguing a few weeks back. I think a win over UT is still flashier as a more historic SEC power? But beating UK would have been awesome.

Which was my point earlier that had someone asked our admin if they had a preference they might have suggested they wanted NY. I realize these things have a plan but as we have seen a couple times today, some teams or conferences may suggest something that matches up with their wishes more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app