Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

What Bowl does everyone want to see IU in and who would you want to see them play realistically? I would love to see us in the Gator Bowl against either Kentucky or Tennessee. I will absolutely be flying down to Florida for that game if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not flying anywhere. I really don’t care about the bowl as the location. A drive north to Detroit or south to Nashville is doable. Outside of those spots I won’t be attending.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

What Bowl does everyone want to see IU in and who would you want to see them play realistically? I would love to see us in the Gator Bowl against either Kentucky or Tennessee. I will absolutely be flying down to Florida for that game if it happens.

Not sure of the odds of being picked for Jacksonville but agree the Gator Bowl would be great.

It has a long tradition and is played on Jan 2 which I think is a better time slot than the Dec 23-30 range. It would also be cool for our 20+ Florida players and could help our momentum getting FL recruits.

Second choice would be Nashville. Fun city for a game and tons of fans would be within easy driving distance.

Not Detroit. That just seems like what we could have got with the minimum number of wins. Maybe not but it feels that way.

Gator would be cool. Nashville would be very convenient and much more appealing than driving to Detroit

32 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

My preference is Gator or Music City.  Gator for the players, Music City for fans wanting to attend.

Quick Lane is not a possiblity, IMO....we won't be slotted that low.  Sounds like Pinstripe is more likely than the Redbox.

Who knows if they know what they are talking about but....30 minutes ago 247 did a bowl update (after the LSU win) and they have IU vs UK in the Gator Bowl. I think that would be cool.

They have Illinois out west in the Redbox (no thanks).

Project MSU in the Pinstripe (I don’t want to go back to NYC...prefer a Jan Bowl in FL).

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Who knows if they know what they are talking about but....30 minutes ago 247 did a bowl update (after the LSU win) and they have IU vs UK in the Gator Bowl. I think that would be cool.

They have Illinois out west in the Redbox (no thanks).

Project MSU in the Pinstripe (I don’t want to go back to NYC...prefer a Jan Bowl in FL).

Absolutely like this better than the crappy Pinstripe.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Given the admins love for the east (a lot of students now come to IU from NY) the pinstripe bowl would not surprise me. Hopefully our admin is not given a choice

Its simple. Bowls select in order and we are seventh in pecking order. The no. 7 bowl is Pinstripe. However, if PSU or Wiscy get into Cotton Bowl then an extra spot opens up and we move up to Gator Bowl which is 6th.

There is no screw job or input on administrations part at all. Just unfortunate the bottom of Big Ten was so bad at that 8 wins made us 7th best Big Ten team.  

Illinois is going to Redbox vs. Cal seems to already have been leaked as no.8 bowl. NYC is not ideal but better than Santa Clara or Detroit which are alternatives if only Two Big Ten teams make New Years 6 or a Big Ten team is in Orange Bowl (in this case Big Ten loses Citrus and we are back to no. 7 in Pinstripe).

This whole scenario seems to have been made clear. Not sure why everyone cannot grasp it. 

Update: Zach Osterman who has been the most on top of this whole bowl thing just said for PSU to go to Cotton so IU can get Gator they need to jump Utah but stay behind Florida and Georgia (and Wisconsin to still get Rose). Definitely possible but we will see. 

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Sounds a really good possibility we end up in Gator with way things are lining up vs UK. Would be ideal

Even the unabashed IU troll Jerry Palm now has the Hoosiers going to the Gator Bowl. His stellar predictions have come a long way from a month or so ago when he essentially predicted a five win IU team would lose out and miss a bowl all together. Up until a couple days ago he kept us in Detroit so he was clearly tipped off, no other way he makes that change.