Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

https://heardonthehoosier.podbean.com/e/crimsoncast-ep-646-florida-state-vanquished-and-bowl-picture-update/

For anyone still thinking IU would get screwed with Pinstripe Bowl Galen and Scott also explained it well on Crimson Cast like Osterman. Its unfortunate luck. Galen and Scott always think IU is getting screwed on this podcast in football so the fact they are going the route Osterman did really should tell fans its not a screw job but bad luck. 

If IU gets stuck in a crappy bowl I hope they get a crappy team too. Screw competitive, I want a blow out. I'll worry about strong match-ups after a couple more solid seasons. 

The fact that Detroit hosts a bowl game is proof there are too many bowl games. Maybe Port au Prince Haiti can clear the debris from some soccer field and put on a bowl game too....:/ 

(ETA: My apologies to Port au prince for comparing it to Detoilet, I know that is a low blow.) 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

If IU gets stuck in a crappy bowl I hope they get a crappy team too. Screw competitive, I want a blow out. I'll worry about strong match-ups after a couple more solid seasons. 

The fact that Detroit hosts a bowl game is proof there are too many bowl games. Maybe Port au Prince Haiti can clear the debris from some soccer field and put on a bowl game too....:/ 

(ETA: My apologies to Port au prince for comparing it to Detoilet, I know that is a low blow.) 

Believe it or not, there are worse bowls. Look into some of the Bahamas Bowl horror stories from a couple years back. 

I heard they are going to have a Bowl Game in West Lafayette starting next season. It’s sponsored by Clorox. Not sure what they’ll call it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Bob Rohrman Field. 15 million dollar donation. Didn’t know he had Purdue affiliations.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Thank goodness it won't be the Redbox Bowl. Illini in a quasi-road game vs Cal.

They very well may play there, but I''m not buying that's a done deal.  Too many moving parts left, including where Wisky ends up going.

Nobody even mentioning the possibility of what were to happen if Wisky were to somehow find a way to beat Ohio State.  Stranger things have happened.....back in 2012 when the divisions were split differently, Wisconsin finished 4-4 in conference, third in the leaders division behind Ohio State and Penn State.  But with Ohio State and Penn State both ineligible for the Big Ten championship for different reasons, Wisconsin went out and smoked #13 Nebraska of the Legends division 70-31 to win the Big Ten despite having an 7-5 record heading into that game.

They very well may play there, but I''m not buying that's a done deal.  Too many moving parts left, including where Wisky ends up going.
Nobody even mentioning the possibility of what were to happen if Wisky were to somehow find a way to beat Ohio State.  Stranger things have happened.....back in 2012 when the divisions were split differently, Wisconsin finished 4-4 in conference, third in the leaders division behind Ohio State and Penn State.  But with Ohio State and Penn State both ineligible for the Big Ten championship for different reasons, Wisconsin went out and smoked #13 Nebraska of the Legends division 70-31 to win the Big Ten despite having an 7-5 record heading into that game.

Saw some reply that said it’s so far down it probably is locked in and none of the remaining results will have an impact.

Saw some reply that said it’s so far down it probably is locked in and none of the remaining results will have an impact.

LSU and Ohio State don’t have to win. They are the 1 and 2 seed. They are clearly that far ahead of everyone. Georgia has to win though. Clemson probably doesn’t even have to win. Utah has to win as well. Oklahoma will have to hope for Utah to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

My point was that Wisky could still improve their position, not about Ohio State.  I think a Wisky win over Ohio State could put the cotton bowl in play for them.

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

My point was that Wisky could still improve their position, not about Ohio State.  I think a Wisky win over Ohio State could put the cotton bowl in play for them.

For Wisky? Wisky's gonna be in the Rose Bowl whether as the B1G Champion or 2nd best team after O$U goes to the CFP. Its whether Penn St goes over Utah and the OU/Baylor loser to make the Cotton Bowl.

50 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

For Wisky? Wisky's gonna be in the Rose Bowl whether as the B1G Champion or 2nd best team after O$U goes to the CFP. Its whether Penn St goes over Utah and the OU/Baylor loser to make the Cotton Bowl.

No. The Rose Bowl could take Penn St if UW loses. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

No. The Rose Bowl could take Penn St if UW loses. 

Yeah, my mistake on Wisky having the Cotton in play if they beat Ohio State.  If Wisky wins, they are in the Rose Bowl.  If they lose by the margin they are expected to (around 17), IMO if I'm the Rose Bowl I take Penn State.