Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Agreed. I was under the impression Red Box in Santa Clara was the worst we could do. The pinstripe bowl sucks, the weather is crap and no one attends it. Detroit goes without saying 

At least Detroit is inside. NY is just an awful place for a bowl in December.

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

At least Detroit is inside. NY is just an awful place for a bowl in December.

I mean sure but that game is synonymous with a 6-6 record, usually playing a MAC school. Boston College/Florida St looks better on paper than any MAC but it’s a crap game that no one cares about. There’s no logic in allowing Illinois to leapfrog us and I don’t agree with rewarding Louisville with the Music City bowl with a worse record either. 

Just now, Iugradman said:

Nah you stay in Poughkeepsie and take the train in.

Holiday pricing is probably more, but the past two times I was in Manhattan this fall my hotel was ~$200 a night. Of course if you're traveling with kids and all that you'll need more space so it'll cost more.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Holiday pricing is probably more, but the past two times I was in Manhattan this fall my hotel was ~$200 a night. Of course if you're traveling with kids and all that you'll need more space so it'll cost more.

Yeah, I've went to Manhattan around Christmas. It's nuts. 

40 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

If you don't mind paying $500 a night for a hotel room. lol

I just looked and the night before the Pinstripe and the night of the game there are a number of Marriott brand type places, in very good locations, for 240-300.

That being said.....hope we get the Music City or Gator. Would be especially great for the 20+ Florida players to get a Florida bowl (Gator).

Can everyone stop feeling like IU is getting screwed? The Pinstripe bowl would suck but its not a vendetta against IU but to many Big Ten teams for the amount of bowl slots in higher bowls. With everyone above us having 9 wins they take priority and with 8 we may get left out since we have one less win. Zach Osterman explained it well. 

The way we can get Nashville or Florida is if Big Ten gets 3 teams in New Years 6 in the Cotton Bowl, Rose Bowl and Ohio St. BCS Playoff. There is no one I trust more then Chris 007 on this board but there is no way anyone could know where we are going as the above scenario locks us into Nashville or Jacksonville. They could also slot Iowa into Redbox and give us Nashville or Jacksonville if they really wanted to. We may very well end up in New York if Big Ten gets someone in the Orange Bowl or only two new years six games but there is no way IU is locked into a bowl slot yet since that could change depending on what happens in Conference Championship games and where committee slots teams in new years six. We cannot go to the Red Box Bowl unless we pick it since if we are on the short end of the stick Big Ten would let us choose between New York, Santa Clara and Detroit per Osterman (sounds like we pick NY which may be where the rumor stems from).

Lastly I am getting really sick of the elitist attitudes on here. New York is not ideal but beggars cannot be choosers and at IU we should be happy to be in any bowl given our history and several eight win teams have ended up in NYC recently. It's the same stupidity I here about us only beating eight bad teams and that de-legitimizes the season somehow. In reality we never take care of business against the bad teams so this is a huge step forward.

I understand the selection process but don't want IU to go to the Pinstripe bowl because I think it sucks and IU DID get screwed the last time there!

Just nothing appealing about that game to me. I think better weather, match-ups and interest will be generated at the Gator or Music City. 

Full disclosure I am rooting for Pinstripe or Gator since I am traveling day of Music City and Red Box on 30th. I can move my flights buts it quite expensive so I would rather get something I can easily watch. Obviously would prefer Gator and I get why people don't want Pinstripe but to me I would prefer that over Nashville or Santa Clara from a selfish point of view.

Iu would be getting screwed because by the B1G rules.. Iowa is not suppose to play in the Gator Bowl. We are not suppose to be sent to the Santa Clara or the Pinstripe Bowl. This is really simple, honestly. Its just whether or not the B1G will screw us. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Iu would be getting screwed because by the B1G rules.. Iowa is not suppose to play in the Gator Bowl. We are not suppose to be sent to the Santa Clara or the Pinstripe Bowl. This is really simple, honestly. Its just whether or not the B1G will screw us. 

Not exactly. If only one higher bowl is available and Iowa has a better record they take priority over us even if they have been there before. As I said Zach Osterman explained it well.

We are in a bad spot given the number of 9 win teams. In this world everyone thinks they are getting screwed and it goes beyond sports which is really unfortunate. Just a bad spot given procedure. 

We will not Redbox unless we pick it. We will get to pick between Pinstripe, Redbox and Quick Lane if it comes to that. If a Big Ten teams gets the Cotton Bowl then we go to Nashville or Gator. Otherwise either they screw 9 win Iowa to picking between these bowls or 8 win IU and its the lower win total team that gets knocked down which is us. There is a very easy order Big Ten is following and right now IU is seventh.

Its the same problem the Pacers are having at the moment. They keep winning but not jumping from sixth in east because everyone else is winning as well because the bottom of the conference is so bad its possible a 50 win Pacer team gets a sixth seed given the divide. That's kind of the scenario IU is in with the Big Ten. The bottom of the Big Ten was so bad this year there was a huge divide between the haves and have nots so an eight win team like us finishes seventh and unfortunately Pinstripe/Red Box are the bowl for the seventh place team. Generally team 7 is a 6-7 win team. Bad Luck.

15 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Not exactly. If only one higher bowl is available and Iowa has a better record they take priority over us even if they have been there before. As I said Zach Osterman explained it well.

We are in a bad spot given the number of 9 win teams. In this world everyone thinks they are getting screwed and it goes beyond sports which is really unfortunate. Just a bad spot given procedure. 

We will not Redbox unless we pick it. We will get to pick between Pinstripe, Redbox and Quick Lane if it comes to that. If a Big Ten teams gets the Cotton Bowl then we go to Nashville or Gator. Otherwise either they screw 9 win Iowa to picking between these bowls or 8 win IU and its the lower win total team that gets knocked down which is us. There is a very easy order Big Ten is following and right now IU is seventh.

Its the same problem the Pacers are having at the moment. They keep winning but not jumping from sixth in east because everyone else is winning as well because the bottom of the conference is so bad its possible a 50 win Pacer team gets a sixth seed given the divide. That's kind of the scenario IU is in with the Big Ten. The bottom of the Big Ten was so bad this year there was a huge divide between the haves and have nots so an eight win team like us finishes seventh and unfortunately Pinstripe/Red Box are the bowl for the seventh place team. Generally team 7 is a 6-7 win team. Bad Luck.

Then they need to get rid of the cant go to a bowl more than once every 6 years. Simple because obviously you can. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then they need to get rid of the cant go to a bowl more than once every 6 years. Simple because obviously you can. 

Agreed. You absolutely can and many teams do.