Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

Bowl Projection

Dude, whoever wrote that article is an idiot.

Assuming O$U makes the CFP win or loss, there are only 9 B1G eligible teams and Quick Lane is the 9th or 10th bowl. IU has 8 wins and can't be overtaken for a better bowl by the 6 win teams(MSU, Illinois). At the worst, IU is going to Yankee Stadium again. Most likely, I think IU goes to the Gator Bowl or Music City Bowl(the B1G and ACC swap the two and play vs an $EC team). The Bourbon Barrel game should definitely be revived. I think pUKe played in Tampa last year(Outback) so they should be eligible to play in either of the aforementioned bowls.

Dude, whoever wrote that article is an idiot.
Assuming O$U makes the CFP win or loss, there are only 9 B1G eligible teams and Quick Lane is the 9th or 10th bowl. IU has 8 wins and can't be overtaken for a better bowl by the 6 win teams(MSU, Illinois). At the worst, IU is going to Yankee Stadium again. Most likely, I think IU goes to the Gator Bowl or Music City Bowl(the B1G and ACC swap the two and play vs an $EC team). The Bourbon Barrel game should definitely be revived. I think pUKe played in Tampa last year(Outback) so they should be eligible to play in either of the aforementioned bowls.

A man can dream.....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

These are a handful of bowl projections for us that I've seen so far ... I haven't heard a couple of these sites/organizations (I just googled "bowl projections")

CBS Sports: Pinstripe Bowl, vs Pittsburgh (Dec. 27, NYC)
College Football News: Quick Lane Bowl, vs. Boston College (Dec. 26, Detroit)
Sporting News: Redbox Bowl, vs. Washington (Dec. 30, Santa Clara, Calif.)
USA Today: Gator Bowl, vs. Kentucky (Jan. 2, Jacksonville, Fla.)
247Sports: Gator Bowl, vs. Tennessee (Jan. 2, Jacksonville, Fla.)
dratings.com: Quick Lane Bowl, vs. Miami of Ohio (Dec. 26, Detroit)
Chat sports: Gator Bowl, vs. Tennessee (Jan. 2, Jacksonville, Fla.)

This site has the Hoosier playing in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit against Boston College.
https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/11/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-predictions-after-week-14

Personally, I'd like to see a IU v UK bowl game.  

What say you?

Thanks for asking. I don’t know how good UK is this year, but I saw them beat Penn State in a bowl game last year. I’m not at all confident in IU’s defense, but if they can beat UK this year, I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just don’t see how we get the quick lane bowl....mainly because maybe these publications didn’t look at records and just looked at teams that are qualified for bowls....or they just suck at their job because my understanding is that IU basically has little chance of getting quick lane. They can’t be leapfrogged by MSU or Illinois basked on their 6-6 records only way they would is if IU declined a bowl and they were given next shot. Quicklane shouldn’t be considered a destination. I’d say gator or music. 

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

These are a handful of bowl projections for us that I've seen so far ... I haven't heard a couple of these sites/organizations (I just googled "bowl projections")

CBS Sports: Pinstripe Bowl, vs Pittsburgh (Dec. 27, NYC)
College Football News: Quick Lane Bowl, vs. Boston College (Dec. 26, Detroit)
Sporting News: Redbox Bowl, vs. Washington (Dec. 30, Santa Clara, Calif.)
USA Today: Gator Bowl, vs. Kentucky (Jan. 2, Jacksonville, Fla.)
247Sports: Gator Bowl, vs. Tennessee (Jan. 2, Jacksonville, Fla.)
dratings.com: Quick Lane Bowl, vs. Miami of Ohio (Dec. 26, Detroit)
Chat sports: Gator Bowl, vs. Tennessee (Jan. 2, Jacksonville, Fla.)

I believe our floor is probably the Pinstripe Bowl given (1) CFP system - OSU + 1-2 additional schools getting scooped up for the he NY6, (2) being above both Ill & MSU, and (3) bowl selection criteria e.g. a number of the upper tier B1G bowls state that they do not want the same team twice in a bowl cycle. I

would honestly be surprised if we end up outside of the Music City/Gator Bowl mix.

Schlabach(ESPN): Redbox Bowl- Indiana vs Washington, 12/30

Bonagura(ESPN): TaxSlayer Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Mississippi State, 1/2

247Sports: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Tennessee, 1/2

Palm(CBS): Pinstripe Bowl- Indiana vs Pitt, 12/27

CFN: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Kentucky, 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Schlabach(ESPN): Redbox Bowl- Indiana vs Washington, 12/30

Bonagura(ESPN): TaxSlayer Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Mississippi State, 1/2

247Sports: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Tennessee, 1/2

Palm(CBS): Pinstripe Bowl- Indiana vs Pitt, 12/27

CFN: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Kentucky, 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t want to go to the west coast. Would love the gator bowl versus Kentucky 

This breaks it down pretty well: Daily Hoosier link
I've read a couple times that the Music City bowl is interested in an IU -pUKe matchup. Makes a lot of sense. 

This is what I want. We’re in no way ready to face Pruitt and Tennessee. UK? Hell yeah we can beat those pussycats.

11 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

This is what I want. We’re in no way ready to face Pruitt and Tennessee. UK? Hell yeah we can beat those pussycats.

I wouldn’t mind Tennessee. Mainly because we haven’t shown great things against running QBs. Lol. Lynn Bowden (old IU verbal) is a force to be reckoned with.