Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Extend Tom Allen

I'm cool with this extension.  It appears both parties are happy and the way the contract is written it looks like CTA isn't looking at IU as a stepping stone.  I truly believe IU has a coach that's committed for the long haul.  

If DeBoer is offered another gig he's earned it.  Good for him and I thank him very much for putting in his blood sweat and tears for the Cream and Crimson.  It'll just mean CTA will have to find another coach to replace him.  That's how it works in this business.  Good coaches are able to do this without issue.  And hopefully coaches, like DeBoer, elsewhere are taking notice of the culture going on in Bloomington, Indiana.  

6 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Congrats Tom Allen. This is incredible money. I work a very hard and stressful job and receive about 1/12 his pay. Well done, sir!

We know who's buying at the Btown Banners Banquet now.

The details won't be released till its finalized, but I made this up to roughly figure out the financials based on the little info in the presser. After the 2022 season, the buyout seems reasonable.

year annual guarantee buyout
2020 3.3 3.3 18.9
2021 3.5 3.5 15.6
2022 3.7 3.7 12.1
2023 3.9 1.95 8.4
2024 4.1 2.05 6.45
2025 4.3 2.15 4.4
2026 4.5 2.25 2.25

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Indiana needs enough assistant salary to keep DeBoer and get a new really good DC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I doubt there’s a change at DC. It was his first season. Yes he runs same defense as Tom did, but his philosophy stems from his LB days it’s a lot more man coverage than what Tom ran. I’ll give Womack another year implementing his philosophy and scheme. Needs to work on timing and pre snap time. Overall we saw flashes of what the young defense can be. We also saw glimpses of what we don’t want it to be. If next year is iffy, then I say you test the market and pay someone well. 

DeBoer has prior HC experience and that likely helps Allen as he himself does not have much HC experience. I might be over emphasizing this but I think that adds a lot of value and if he were to leave, I would prefer someone with more experience than Hart.

Noting against Hart but to balance out Allen’s experience I think having DeBoer is awesome and would love to keep him another year or 2

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners