Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Extend Tom Allen

6 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

If we lose Deboer we are taking a step back. Our offense improved by lengths and bounds this year. Here's to hoping that does not happen. 

If we lose him there’s other good offensive minds out there. Not to mention you have offensive weapons to help sell. 

Just now, lucel15 said:

If we lose him there’s other good offensive minds out there. Not to mention you have offensive weapons to help sell. 

Yes, no doubt just feel like it will always be harder for us to sell it even with all of the offense coming back. $$ talks so it's nice to see we have opened up the pocket books some. 

21 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He's right where he should be imo although I think I saw he was 12th (ahead of Fleck but not for long). I see some folks being critical but he basically tripled his salary and for one successful season at that. 

Correct. He's ahead now but Fleck goes up to 4.6 next year so will pass him again.

33 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Yes, no doubt just feel like it will always be harder for us to sell it even with all of the offense coming back. $$ talks so it's nice to see we have opened up the pocket books some. 

True. But we did it with deboer and Allen went hard after him. Was turned down once and came back to him....glass and co gave him $800k. Ontop of more money for other assistants. It’s a step in the right direction, meaning giving support and backing the football squad. So in two years counting this extension contract...as one of those Allen has opened up $1.5m in money for his supporting crew 

58 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If I have this figured right ... 

Archie's salary: $3.3M a year 
Tom Allen's: $3.9M a year 

This has to be the first time our football coach is making more than the hoops coach, right? 

Not seeing the issue on this one. 

3 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Keep in mind allen also got close to 1mil last year for assistant coaches pool. 

I think DeBoer will need $1.2M to stay (and I don’t think he’s not worth that). Some fans would trade DeBoer for Allen anyway so the notion of paying Allen more and losing DeBoer could be a nightmare scenario for the future of IU football, especially given how awful Wommack has been. If we lose DeBoer the replacement has to be a homerun in both scheme and recruiting.

I’d be very curious to learn where Hart is in his coaching development and if he’s ready to take the reigns or not. I’ve heard his name pop up as a potential OC here or elsewhere but how could anyone outside our staff know if he’s equipped to develop and implement an effective system at any level, much less in the BigTen? 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Indiana needs enough assistant salary to keep DeBoer and get a new really good DC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree- but if he wants to be HC at Fresno (or anywhere else) a nice pay bump isn't gonna be enough to keep him, I'm afraid. 

20 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I agree- but if he wants to be HC at Fresno (or anywhere else) a nice pay bump isn't gonna be enough to keep him, I'm afraid. 

Just not sure why he would leave a P5 team when I think he'll get calls this year and next for other P5 roles and maybe even a HC position.

Just not sure why he would leave a P5 team when I think he'll get calls this year and next for other P5 roles and maybe even a HC position.

Well if you leave IU for say... Missouri. You have a less likely chance of being successful than going back to Fresno State who has less competition.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app