Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread:POTFB 11/30 @ 12 ESPN2

23 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Glad for the win but that was an embarrassing display of football by both programs. Miscues, lack of discipline and effort was on full display for the whole country to see. Not a good look.

It might have been on display for the whole country, but I doubt many outside of Indiana watched.  Anyone wanting to watch Big Ten football was watching Michigan/Ohio State.

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

It might have been on display for the whole country, but I doubt many outside of Indiana watched.  Anyone wanting to watch Big Ten football was watching Michigan/Ohio State.

I was switching back and forth at commercials

I had a nice conversation with a guy at church today (he knows I'm a huge IU fan).  He said- "Sure is great about the football team.  Proud of those boys.  Good to see our Hoosiers doing well".  I thought about this today- this mass majority of fans don't care about efficiency, who is quarterbacking, lack of discipline, etc. Other than this microcosm of fans that dissect every single part of the game, most only care about the outcome.  Not saying that it's wrong to want to clean it up, but to act like the world is ending because of it is just silly.  The best part of what he said?  "Our Hoosiers", not Penix's Hoosiers, not Ramsey's Hoosiers, not Allen's Hoosiers, but Our Hoosiers.

I’ve had some people down here in SoIn chat with me bout how well the team has performed this season. It’s kind of cool to have the “good season” conversation over the “really close” conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Recap- short and sweet 

offense- had moments, had what in the world moments....especially the line....during those 3 series where they forgot how to block. Sampson James just needed to get in a groove it looks like. Westbrook came up big, hendershot will play on Sunday’s with his blocking and receiving. 

defense- still unsure about Womack. He’s shown to be a great second half adjuster. This game it was a great first half followed by a bad second half. Special teams all in all were great....coverage....punting...Justus just had a bad day mentally and I’m sure the field wasn’t that great....but in warm ups he couldn’t miss....so not sure about that. I think inge has done well compared to last year.

on another note.....uh aiden O’Connell....talk about under the radar. Kid should use his last few games to get starting job permanently....if brohm still gives Plummer a chance I would test the market. Kid can play. Very calm in the pocket. Outstanding reads. Bravo to him....I know I shouldn’t be pumping the boilers....but that kid showed he deserves to be named the starter....not sure how sindelar won out. 

On 12/1/2019 at 10:12 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Just because you type a lot of words doesn’t make your argument valid. 

If Penix is so much more accurate downfield how come Ramsey has a better completion percentage?  Playing against real completion?  Penix played a single game against a bowl team. MSU.  Ramsey played 3 teams that won 9 games. 

Penix is without a doubt more flashy. But flashy doesn’t equal better. 

And let’s not forget that Penix has more interceptions than complete games. 

Great quote from Moneyball when Billy Beane is told that a player who isn't hitting well is 'a good hitter'.  He asks 'if he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?'

No one doubts Penix's ability.  But appreciably better quarterback puts up appreciably better stats.  Penix's are ever so slightly better.....to the point of needing a microscope.  I think everyone here will agree his ceiling is higher.  But for this year, the difference between the two behind center was incredibly negligible. 

On 12/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, IUc2016 said:

Yeah boiler is pretty tame. He doesn’t bother me and I enjoy when he posts here. Back and forth civil banter is always welcomed in my opinion.

What happens on Gold and Black is disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree. This place is like the old folks home of forums. Civil and mild mannered for the most part. Those that complain about trolling here need to visit other sites.

Great quote from Moneyball when Billy Beane is told that a player who isn't hitting well is 'a good hitter'.  He asks 'if he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?'
No one doubts Penix's ability.  But appreciably better quarterback puts up appreciably better stats.  Penix's are ever so slightly better.....to the point of needing a microscope.  I think everyone here will agree his ceiling is higher.  But for this year, the difference between the two behind center was incredibly negligible. 

Definitely agree that comparatively in a low number of games the redshirt freshman was putting up... similar... numbers as Ramsey. Ultimately probably one of the main drivers for naming him starter.