Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread:POTFB 11/30 @ 12 ESPN2

3 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

You can admire Ramsey's gritt and toughness while acknowledging that Penix is the better QB.  Glad to have them both.

It's not even about comparing Ramsey and Penix at this point. Penix is the better quarterback but he's as brittle as an 80 year old grandmother. It's about Old Friend doubling and tripling down on Ramsey sucking despite his play this season proving otherwise. 

32 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

His throws beyond 10 yards are wildly inconsistent.  Or just bad.  Surely to God you know that 68% completion percentage is skewed by the throws he makes.

Offense did enough to win many times and Ramsey made some huge plays. Defense is where all the criticism should lie. That was absolutely a horrible performance against a third string QB. I hope we can lock up Deboer but the defense and d coordinator have left a lot to be desired as the season has worn on. Offense had more of the key injuries too. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It's not even about comparing Ramsey and Penix at this point. Penix is the better quarterback but he's as brittle as an 80 year old grandmother. It's about Old Friend doubling and tripling down on Ramsey sucking despite his play this season proving otherwise. 

Yes, I still remember him begging and pleading with everyone that he would rather have Lagow than Ramsey and Lagow had the worst pocket mobility I have ever seen. 

Ramsey accounted for almost 380 yards and had 5 TDs, he absolutely made some mistakes but come on this game going to OT had nothing to do with him.  The game went to OT because the kicker missed 3 FGs and the "defense" was a complete and utter **** show.

Yeah, Ramsey kept showing us something today. The John Elway style spin for that first down was awesome. He took a beating. He put up those numbers while taking an absolute beating.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

So you're cherry picking.  Okay.

Yes, Old Friend, going down the IU Football record book and looking at all the major passing statistics is "cherry picking." Ramsey is 1,525 yards behind Sudfeld for the #1 spot in all-time passing yards for Indiana with a bowl game + another season left in his career. He's 7 touchdowns away from #2 all-time in passing touchdowns. In no way am I saying he is as good as Nate Sudfeld was, but it shows how ridiculous it is to pretend that he's a scrub. 

For Pete's sake, I admitted when I was wrong about Penix and Coach Allen. You digging into this stance on Peyton Ramsey despite how this season has unfolded is as ridiculous as it would have been for me to dig into my Tom Allen stance and go on about how horrible he is and needs to be fired despite his 8-4 record. No one bats 1.000. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. I sure have been.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yes, Old Friend, going down the IU Football record book and looking at all the major passing statistics is "cherry picking." Ramsey is 1,525 yards behind Sudfeld for the #1 spot in all-time passing yards for Indiana with a bowl game + another season left in his career. He's 7 touchdowns away from #2 all-time in passing touchdowns. In no way am I saying he is as good as Nate Sudfeld was, but it shows how ridiculous it is to pretend that he's a scrub. 

For Pete's sake, I admitted when I was wrong about Penix and Coach Allen. You digging into this stance on Peyton Ramsey despite how this season has unfolded is as ridiculous as it would have been for me to dig into my Tom Allen stance and go on about how horrible he is and needs to be fired despite his 8-4 record. No one bats 1.000. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. I sure have been.

What don't you understand about what I've been saying about Ramsey?  I'm not wrong about what I've said.  I may be wrong about what you've created, but that's on you.  Not me.  I'm happy for the kid.  He makes some incredible plays with his legs.  Yes...he does.  He's been the quarterback of a team that won 8 games (5 of them, anyway), and Indiana has had team success with him.  I think he's a decent leader.  Never said otherwise.  What is it you think I'm wrong about?  And base it on what I've actually said.   I already admitted I was wrong when I said he was bad.  I said that after a horrible performance, and I should have said he was bad "today."  I didn't.  And I owned it.  About what else do you need me to admit I was wrong?

Comparing Randle El to Ramsey is ridiculous. Two completely different players in two completely different offenses playing two completely different roles, yet you're using one stat to make what you think is a definitive comparison.  It's not.  You can stop that one now.

26 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

You DID notice our offense died when James got hurt, right?   Seems if Ramsey were the reason we scored those 31 points, the offense would have been just fine.  I said I'm happy and I am; but if you're trying to prove me wrong with half truths, it's not working.   Ramsey missed some big throws today.  One, a completed long ball to Westbrook, if a better throw is a touchdown and that game never goes to overtime.  That's the other side of reality you're choosing to ignore.   But again...I have no problem and I'm happy we won.  We can debate if you feel like it and I'll let you choose the topic; but don't ignore the entirety of what happened if you want to do so.  

Purdue's 4th string quarterback has a better arm than our second string quarterback and threw for 408 today.  Yeah..our defense was awful.  I get it. 

The topic I choose for debate is on not being too proud to admit when you were wrong.

I win. 

29 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Offense did enough to win many times and Ramsey made some huge plays. Defense is where all the criticism should lie. That was absolutely a horrible performance against a third string QB. I hope we can lock up Deboer but the defense and d coordinator have left a lot to be desired as the season has worn on. Offense had more of the key injuries too. 

I said almost exactly this earlier.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

The topic I choose for debate is on not being too proud to admit when you were wrong.

I win. 

Not at all.  Just asking that you see the whole picture rather than the one that fits your argument.   Did you notice the offense die when James went out...or not?

8 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

What don't you understand about what I've been saying about Ramsey?  I'm not wrong about what I've said.  I may be wrong about what you've created, but that's on you.  Not me.  I'm happy for the kid.  He makes some incredible plays with his legs.  Yes...he does.  He's been the quarterback of a team that won 8 games (5 of them, anyway), and Indiana has had team success with him.  I think he's a decent leader.  Never said otherwise.  What is it you think I'm wrong about?  And base it on what I've actually said.   I already admitted I was wrong when I said he was bad.  I said that after a horrible performance, and I should have said he was bad "today."  I didn't.  And I owned it.  About what else do you need me to admit I was wrong?

Comparing Randle El to Ramsey is ridiculous. Two completely different players in two completely different offenses playing two completely different roles, yet you're using one stat to make what you think is a definitive comparison.  It's not.  You can stop that one now.

We just have to go back a few hours to find something.

"The entire Indiana program should be embarrassed and ashamed.  A pathetically soft and helpless second half.  And I'm sorry, folks.  Peyton Ramsey is as at fault as anyone."

Ramsey accounted for 379 yards, 5 touchdowns, and 0 turnovers today. Yet you've been downplaying the performance as much as possible, particularly as it relates to his passing game. Not only did he have a really good game, but the defense and kicking game were both utterly atrocious today. Yet you said Ramsey was as at fault as the defense and kicker because why, he didn't complete every single pass? Sure, he missed some throws. He missed a wide open receiver that would've won the game. But the defense gave up almost 600 yards to a 4th string quarterback and the kicker missed field goals from 43, 40, and 26 yards. I honestly don't think you even believe what you said.

12 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Any clue as to what bowl we will get?  What team we will play?  I really think this team is on the up and up. Never going to be on OSU level, but could be like Iowa, Michigan State!

Osterman, from the IndyStar, is pointing to the Music City Bowl, but still very fluid.  I don't expect that we will hear anything definitive until December 8th.  

9 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Wow, GBI is salty on both of their free boards (football and basketball) lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And their resident troll is salty on here lol

What is Purdoo?  A football school?  No.  A basketball school?  Nah.  Are they good at anything?