Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread:POTFB 11/30 @ 12 ESPN2

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He missed a lot of throws, a couple would have changed the game.  Fact.  You can deal with it or you can't.   We both know the answer, don't we?   I believe I called the entire team soft, especially the defense; but do feel free to claim I "blamed the game on Ramsey."  Your ability to ignore is once again noted.  Are you really saying he didn't deserve criticism or are you just pissed it came from me because I was right again?

He was average on a team full of below average.  Correct?

23 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have a bunch of family members and friends who went to PU and are obnoxious about the rivalry. 

I'm too embarrassed to gloat about this one! 

Ask them why they chant "IU sucks" when they're playing Northern Montana?    The complex is real.   Pity the poor people.

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The injury situations aren’t comparable. You guys had some injuries but overall, it didn’t compare to Purdue’s. Congrats on the win. 

Purdue has had a season to work with those injuries.  That's also a difference.

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Purdue has had a season to work with those injuries.  That's also a difference.

True but even a season to work with it doesn’t change the fact that you’re missing an All-American WR, an all-conference LB, or an all-conference DT. 

True but even a season to work with it doesn’t change the fact that you’re missing an All-American WR, an all-conference LB, or an all-conference DT. 

Look what troll showed up?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

37 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Ask them why they chant "IU sucks" when they're playing Northern Montana?    The complex is real.   Pity the poor people.

Believe me, I have. I think it just boils down to an inferiority complex. They're obsessed with us. 

Last season, I decided to watch a little of their bowl game. I didn't really care who won; I just thought I'd watch a quarter or so before I had to go to work. But at the opening kickoff, the PU fans chanted "IU sucks" -- and you could hear it on TV. Keep in mind, this was a bowl game -- I believe in Nashville -- against Auburn. Had absolutely nothing to do with IU.

After that, I was the biggest Tigers fan. And boy, did they whip the Toiletmakers' a$$. Made my day. 

28 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have a bunch of family members and friends who went to PU and are obnoxious about the rivalry. 

I'm too embarrassed to gloat about this one! 

Oh, screw that.  They'll go with the injury excuses without mentioning that they lost of Nevada with a healthy Moore and Sindelar.  We beat them on their home field in what was their bowl game.  Also improved our bowl position.  Think this might lock IU into the Redbox bowl in Santa Clara.  I'm sure the players would rather be there than in New York at the Pinstripe or Detroit at the Motor City.

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And how did healthy players do for you against Nevada?  Come on.  Either you're here to congratulate us or here to make excuses.  Pick a lane.

35 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He missed a lot of throws, a couple would have changed the game.  Fact.  Made some horrible reads on run plays.  Again.  Fact.  You can deal with it or you can't.   We both know the answer, don't we?   I believe I called the entire team soft, especially the defense; but do feel free to claim I "blamed the game on Ramsey."  Your ability to ignore is once again noted.  Are you really saying he didn't deserve criticism or are you just pissed it came from me because I was right again?

Edit :  Great win.  Should never have had to pull it out that way.  Ramsey made some great plays with his legs.  There.  You happy?

There's an enormous gap between criticism and "Peyton Ramsey is as at fault as anyone." It was a helluva take about someone with  300+ total yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 turnovers at the time, but not at all surprising. Sure, he made some mistakes, but saying he was as at fault as anyone else is laughable  when the kicker went 0-3 on field goals and the defense gave up 589 yards to a fourth string quarterback and backup running back.

350+ total yards, 5 touchdowns, and 0 turnovers from the noodle arm Peyton Ramsey. .

29 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

And how did healthy players do for you against Nevada?  Come on.  Either you're here to congratulate us or here to make excuses.  Pick a lane.

That’s one game lol. What about the rest of them?

28 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Purdouche fans will never give IU credit. Always an excuse and an insult or two along with shifting the goalposts. Just wretched people.

I gave you credit lol. You guys won the game and had a good season. 

28 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Purdouche fans are already claiming they will win back the Bucket next year. Newsflash, IU is a young team with a boatload of returning talent. I am sure the recruiting class will add a few more good players as well.

Assuming both teams are relatively healthy, it should be a good game.