Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs SDSU 11/30 @ 4 pm BTN+

I watched.

Sloppy. Sloppy. Sloppy.

I don’t think we have a chance to be a great team this year. A good team? Sure.

TJD is amazing. Smart, efficient, etc, etc, etc.

The rest of our team, eh, just some dudes.

Smith can be good when he plays to his strengths. Al is pretty solid this year. Devonte is HOT and COLD with a flip of the switch.

Brunk, very limited athletically. Pretty decent against undersized guys. Give him a guy with size and athleticism. He can defend but will have no offense.

Idk, pretty underwhelming for a 7-0 team.

I like our team chemistry better.

We need to recruit better.

Glad our tougher games aren’t THAT tough and FSU is at home.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think the only reason there wasn’t a lot of complaints on the board is everyone paid for one month of BTN+ to watch the first 3 games but no one wanted to re-up for the second month for just this game so a lot of people didn’t see it but might be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s fair. I guess I didn’t get it for the exhibition so I got lucky.

Nervous for Tuesday, but at the end of the day, we're exactly where we are supposed to be at this point in the season. No bad losses may seem easy, but as we've seen throughout college basketball this season (Duke, Kentucky, etc.), every team in the nation can lose each night. I'm happy to be undefeated, and excited to "start" our season

First year under Archie we haven’t had an early disastrous loss. The last three halves were not pretty, but the team is still playing without Phin and with Green on limited minutes it seems. What I like so far is that TJD is consistently delivering and there are a handful of others who seem to step up and have a game (Smith, Green, Durham, even Brunk has had a break out game).

My expectation for this team is to make the tournament. If we do, it seems like a team that could win a game or two, probably not more. However, it’s still November and we’re not at full strength. We have young guys playing a lot of minutes who will hopefully undergo significant improvement with all the early PT.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

First year under Archie we haven’t had an early disastrous loss. The last three halves were not pretty, but the team is still playing without Phin and with Green on limited minutes it seems. What I like so far is that TJD is consistently delivering and there are a handful of others who seem to step up and have a game (Smith, Green, Durham, even Brunk has had a break out game).

What was our early disastrous loss last year?

My expectation for this team is to make the tournament. If we do, it seems like a team that could win a game or two, probably not more. However, it’s still November and we’re not at full strength. We have young guys playing a lot of minutes who will hopefully undergo significant improvement with all the early PT.

I agree with all of this but not regarding “healthy”. We’re only missing one player right now due to health issues... this is GOOD!

If we are only missing one player at a time all year that is amazing. I would say we are uber healthy right now and lucky to be so

I agree with all of this but not regarding “healthy”. We’re only missing one player right now due to health issues... this is GOOD!

If we are only missing one player at a time all year that is amazing. I would say we are uber healthy right now and lucky to be so

Good point. I’m heavily weighting the impact of missing our starting PG.

9 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

That one injured player is the starting PG, the most important position on the court.

And with that, through the ups and downs of six new rotation players and good and bad nights, we’ve taken care of business all seven games, winning each by double digits.

Solid, solid start to the year.

This game wouldn’t be any better with a healthy Phinisee. While he has played this year, there hasn’t been any difference and he hasn’t looked any better than last season. He’s actually looked worse, especially when it comes to decision making. And the offense has looked more stagnant with him in as he dribbles more than anyone else does. The offense also changes with him in where it goes to more ball screens and pick and rolls that don’t work. If Phinisee can return and keep the ball moving, he’s going to help because of his on ball defense, but his offense hasn’t been good. And I see no reason he should start when he returns until this starting lineup just breaks down. Same goes for Green.

This game wouldn’t be any better with a healthy Phinisee. While he has played this year, there hasn’t been any difference and he hasn’t looked any better than last season. He’s actually looked worse, especially when it comes to decision making. And the offense has looked more stagnant with him in as he dribbles more than anyone else does. The offense also changes with him in where it goes to more ball screens and pick and rolls that don’t work. If Phinisee can return and keep the ball moving, he’s going to help because of his on ball defense, but his offense hasn’t been good. And I see no reason he should start when he returns until this starting lineup just breaks down. Same goes for Green.

Agreed. Not sure offensively we are missing anything with him being out. I think Al and Green are better offensively - phinisee started his freshmen year well and hasn’t looked the same since

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We haven't seen a healthy Phinisee this year.  Even when he did play he was playing injured.