Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Str8Hoosiers

Prediction League (Game 8 - Florida State 12/3/19)

I’m 41st in the standings. If you have another way to make up ground on the entire field, I’m all ears. Prick.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Its probably a good strategy but I hope you fall further back and never recover for picking against the Hoosiers. Goodluck

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

Having fun with this league thus far, but I feel like I'm at the racetrack today.  I've spent all afternoon doping out the horses and scrutinizing the past performances and I have the feeling like I'm going to lose to some little old lady that is picking jockeys wearing pink silks and riding gray horses.

OK so here goes.  The o/u in Vegas for this one is 140 and I have a feeling like that could be about right.  Florida State isn't a high powered offensive team and we are due to come back to reality with some stiffer competition.  FSUs O/D averages are 76 and 59.9 so they look like they try to beat you be stopping you from scoring.  Their O/D averages for the four power 5 opponents they have played are 61.75 and 57.75.  They are looking for a grind it out game.  Their average o/u is 135.9.  They are very big and their guards like to put pressure on the ball.  Can our guards hold up to that pressure?

On the other hand IU has averages of 86.4 and 63.6 but we have played no power 5 opponents.  Out o/u is 150.0.  If Rob Phinisee were healthy and starting tonight I would comfortably go with the Hoosiers.  He isn't.  I'm afraid that FSU is going to clog up the middle with their big guys and turn us into a jump shooting team, which we don't do well.  On the other hand the game is in Bloomington and the students should be back from Thanksgiving vacation.  We are going to need that sixth man tonight.

So, enough with the blah blah.  With an o/u in Vegas of 140 and with IU favored, the implied score is 71-69 IU, I'll ride with the Hoosiers until they fall.  I'll pick them the cover again and forget about the o/u.

IU 75

FSU 65

Its probably a good strategy but I hope you fall further back and never recover for picking against the Hoosiers. Goodluck

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I can’t be the only one am I? Oh joy. The way this prediction season is going, it probably won’t even be my lowest score....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app