Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ 2019 Paradise Jam

Tough loss but I don't think you can fault their effort against the #2 ranked team.  Important to see how they bounce back from their first loss tomorrow night against Washington State especially if Gulbe is unable to play.

Mackenzie Holmes is going to be a very special player.  Through last night's game she's averaging 13.2 ppg on 75% shooting and that's pretty close to her performance tonight 11 pts. on 5-7 FG.  She was averaging 5.8 reb.; tonight she grabbed 7.  

Nice to see them hang with the NCAA favorite.

No reason we can't be like Maryland usually is this year and win the Big Ten as a top 10-15 team and then get a 3-4 seed in tourney with some home games and get to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 and see what happens against elite teams we are competitive with now clearly.   

Halftime and our Hoosiers have extended the lead to 45-28.  Glad to see there's no apparent letdown following their loss to Baylor yesterday.  Leading scorers:  Patberg 11; Penn 9; Wise 8; Berger & Holmes each with 6.  Holmes with 5 reb. and 4 others with 2 each.  Shooting 55% from the field to Wash. State's 35%.  Really clicking on all cylinders at this point.

Not a bad weekend's work.  Our Hoosiers face 3 undefeated teams and send 2 of them home with losses.  Final score tonight was 78-44.   Second half wasn't nearly as sharp as their first half, but they had the game well in hand and it was their third game in three nights.  Bottom of the bench got minutes they don't normally get.  

Scoring:  Patberg 15; Wise 15; Holmes 14; Penn 11.   Rebounds:  Holmes 8; Patberg 8.     Assists:  Patberg 5.   Only 8 TOs.    

Next Wed. night they'll meet U. of Miami in Coral Gables and will be carried on ESPN.  Then next Saturday they're back in Bloomington to face North Florida.

Iuwbb is good. Maybe even great! All the complaining Hoosierfan31 has done about Moren and the culture isn’t fitting this team.

I don’t like to call out individuals, but that poster has railed against Moren for 2 years. Glad we are having success. Really hope we can maintain recruiting, and this isn’t a flash in a pan with Patberg and Wise.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think this team is good enough to compete for a Big Ten title, and I've never felt that way before. 

I know March is a long way off, but I'd love to see this team get past the first weekend of the NCAAs. I think that's a realistic goal -- one that I don't believe we've accomplished before.